Fake plants

froggyraine

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying some fake plants for my torts table, spider plant to be precise, has anyone used fake plants ? Are they ok to use ? Any help would be very much appreciated .

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Speedy has some plastic "ivy" type leaves in his tank, they are there because they were in the tank when I bought it. I think it is there because his previous owner felt it looked nice , I really don't see it improving his "quality of life" but it hasn't hurt him either .
m1204.gif

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All of my tortoises eat or trample them. I can't use them. I don't know how the people who do use them get away with it.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
All of my tortoises eat or trample them. I can't use them. I don't know how the people who do use them get away with it.

i must be one of the lucky ones! our first and only ( so far.. in the middle of talking the mrs into another;) ) tort, 3yr male hermans makes the most of shading under the 2 he has. of course there was a test nibble, but that was it.

live plants are currently spawning for growth in coir for the new build... might need help with the sliding glass lattice caps? i'll pm you if thats ok?

sorry to jump on thread! yes my tort is fine with plastic but im switching to real, no reason not to and is best for the little ones :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I believe a lot depends on what type and age of tortoise, along with the type of fake plant used. I have used them with no issue with many species and mainly the younger ones. I would not use them for instance in with my bigger garbage disposals ummm sorry I mean the sulcatas and even Russians.