Fajita progress update

fajita

Location (City and/or State)
southern indiana
The show goes on here in my house hold. Fajita is doing well and she has became more sociable and usually wakes up when I do. It's kinda funny but whenever I haven't fed her yet she will be waiting on her food brick until I move her to put food out. She still does not like soaking and that might be my fault just due to the fact I don't know how to keep the water warm enough longer. She stays out of her house a lot even when I am here. Little by little this tort is getting used to me. I think however I'll be more excited when I move out and I'm able to expand her home more I'm going to have 1 extra 4 by 8 box that can attach to her living arrangements now and fit into a corner. Seems how I don't have any questions to bring an exciting discussion here is my most recent picture of Fajita.

Attachments

• 1476772717314.jpg
    1476772717314.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 21

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Have you tried putting a desk lamp light fixture with an incandescent light bulb over the soaking water to keep it warm?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's not unusual for Russians to be averse to soaking.

Keep a water bowl in the enclosure so it can be used for drinks, but don't be surprised if it's not used for soaks much.

You will have to stick to soaking your tort yourself as long as your tort is a refuser. First thing in the morning, before your tort has warmed up properly, is more likely to meet with success.

fajita

southern indiana
Have you tried putting a desk lamp light fixture with an incandescent light bulb over the soaking water to keep it warm?
I've tried using her basking bulb to keep the water warm but I might end up buying a Che to aim at her drinking dish and warm it up a bit.

fajita

southern indiana
I've tried using her basking bulb to keep the water warm but I might end up buying a Che to aim at her drinking dish and warm it up a bit.
And when I'm talking about using her basking bulb I mean putting it over top of the tub I use to soak her in.

fajita

southern indiana
It's not unusual for Russians to be averse to soaking.

Keep a water bowl in the enclosure so it can be used for drinks, but don't be surprised if it's not used for soaks much.

You will have to stick to soaking your tort yourself as long as your tort is a refuser. First thing in the morning, before your tort has warmed up properly, is more likely to meet with success.
Now that I think about it her water might just be to cold for her to even think about it. It gets sunlight at a very specific part of the day and the bottom is layered with black river rock so they heat up the water. I might just invest in Che to aim at the water bowl to get It warm. That being said she has no problems peeing. It's almost all liquid.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
my three Russians hate to soak but they love to soak in their water dish outside and they love showers so go figure