eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
So, probably about one hour ago I decided to let Ezek run around out front for a little bit. When I just found him in a bush his limbs were completely muddy! I then cleaned him off and put him in a nice, warm tub for about ten minutes and he let me know he was done soaking. As he was soaking, I noticed that he only was blinking one eye. The other eye is just staying closed (but I can see underneath his eyelid that his eye ball is moving). I am sure he just got something in his eye. Has anyone else experienced this? I think he will be fine and it will flush out but I just wanted to take caution. He is still walking around in his glass tank currently. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
You mean open his eye lid and drop them in?

I can see that he will barely open it and then close, and open and close again sometimes.

I tried to gently open his eye lid but he wouldn't let me really. Should I let him try to just clean it out himself? He is currently sleeping.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Sometimes mine will get a little irritant in the eye, dust or something. A warm soak and/or spray should help get it out. There's not much you can do to help other than that really. Maybe if it's something more serious you could try terramycin eye ointment. That would be only maybe if it's inflammed or something. I wouldn't poke my fingers around their eyes, could risk damage by scratching or further irritation by anything that might be on your finger whether it be more dust or natural skin oils/saltiness.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Awesome, yeah when I soaked him he just laid there with both eyes closed. He has never done that before. I will soak again tomorrow morning after he eats. Thank you very much, I have been waiting for a reply from someone.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Drizzling water over his head and or misting gently (so he does not suck his head in surprised...lol) will help to get moisture on that eye....you really do want to keep exposing his eye to water to help in assuring a little dirt piece does not turn into anything more....

As previously mentioned....soaking and spritzing will certainly help... :D

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Thank you. I just woke him up and he opened up that eye right away :). Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.