Eye goop... Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Red Deer, AB
So I got my eye goop, finally. No thanks to north american pharms, and screw brokerage fees right in vent.

Regardless, Woodrow has been on the goo for 24 hours now. Easy to apply, almost like he can't see it coming.

We'll see if he'll see I guess. Fingers crossed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about the Terramycin Opthalmic ointment? You're gonna' see that it really does work wonders. Just apply it at least 3 times a day and just in three or four days he'll start to be able to open that eye.

I took in an ornate box turtle that has eye caps (eye caps are puss that has hardened on the eyeball under the eye lids and doesn't come off). I started applying the "eye goop" three times the first day, and the second day one of the caps was loose and I was able to pop it off the eye with the blunt end of a tooth pick. The other cap came off the next day. I'm still applying the goop though because his eyes seem to be painful.

Why did you have a problem getting the ointment?

Yvonne

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
It's not widely available in Canada without an Rx, and shipping from the states was $20-$40. Ended up getting it for $15cdn from Europe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! I had no idea it would cost so much to ship it. I wonder if the shipping would be that high if it came from another member here in the states. I have a UPS account. Just for the heck of it I'm going to put up a sample shipment to see what it would cost. Send me a PM with your postal code.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.