I am going completely NUTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I wasn't really going to post anything until I had pictures, but I am losing my freaking mind here...

Last March I think it was, I contacted someone about getting some Manouria emys emys. I didn't get a return email until sometime in July, at which point I had completely and totally given up on EVER getting a response... he told me to get a hold of him the middle of September, that he had some eggs due to hatch then. So I wait, and email him on the 20th of September... And I was told that the 26th and last hatchling was just coming out of the egg!

So, I email back, wanting more info... No response. I wait a month and email again, no response. Finally in DECEMBER I get some more information, and by the end of January I finally get the paperwork and info I need to pay for these little guys.

It is now the 13th of February and I am losing my cotton picking mind! It has been ELEVEN MONTHS that I have been trying to get these tortoises, lol! Now I am just waiting for good shipping weather. This week we are forecasted to be in the 40's. Please please please keep your fingers crossed for me that I FINALLY get my tortoises this week!!!

So technically I am the proud owner of four 6 month old emys emys... Now I just can't wait to actually SEE them!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kristen, his tortoises are so worth the wait. My three were active and curious the moment the box opened and are still that way. I am sure the first wait was just because he doesn't actually sell these guys himself. He gives them to the program and then they choose who gets what. I think that part was slowed especially with the new appointment of Cris to supervise things.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
GOING?.. did you say GOING?

It's real simple Kristina.. they look like this only twice as many -

1cBrowns.jpg

About this size -

KristinaBrown4in.jpg

Cute face -

1bBrown2.jpg

NERD

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
indianstars023.jpg

Definitely worth waiting for.
8 years and still growing, also a good excuse to grow alot of elephant ears.
Lemmy is the best!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Jacqui said:
Kristen, his tortoises are so worth the wait. My three were active and curious the moment the box opened and are still that way. I am sure the first wait was just because he doesn't actually sell these guys himself. He gives them to the program and then they choose who gets what. I think that part was slowed especially with the new appointment of Cris to supervise things.

I am sure they will be completely worth the wait... It is just so nerve wracking!!! That and I have this empty enclosure in my living room, in NEEDS something in it, lol.

It is a bit difficult coordinating between 4 different people, I completely understand that as well.

Oh, and the good news... As long as everything goes as planned, I'll have them Thursday!!!

Redfoot NERD said:
GOING?.. did you say GOING?

Hello, Kettle! This is Pot! You're black!!! :D :D :D

Tom said:
... as opposed to only partially nuts?

Absolutely. I have been partially nuts my entire life. Only this past couple of weeks was I tipped completely over the edge into absolute insanity :p

Oh, and thanks for the pics... But I wanna see MINE, not yours, LOL!!! :p

montana

5 Year Member
Congratulations!!

I wish I had ordered long ago ..

Having bred dogs [and many other things ] for decades I no longer even talk about puppies until they are on the ground and ready to go ...Much better system ..

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
As my kids always say... "only 2 more wake ups" and you will have your new babies!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL, that is cute! I love how kids conceptualize time. My little one always says, "remember yesterday when..." and it was actually like a month ago, lol.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
CtTortoiseMom said:
As my kids always say... "only 2 more wake ups" and you will have your new babies!!!

When I taught in a reservation school my students wanted to know how many "sleeps" it would be until an event would happen. The town of Ten Sleep, WY, was 10 sleeps from somewhere.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Um...It's Friday and I know it's warm up there this week. What's the deal - ee - o??

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I emailed Joe, I got a response and he is in GALAPAGOS!!! I am SOOOOO jealous, that guy has an awesome job, lol.

He will be back next week so we are shooting for then!

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
kyryah said:
I emailed Joe, I got a response and he is in GALAPAGOS!!! I am SOOOOO jealous, that guy has an awesome job, lol.

He will be back next week so we are shooting for then!

GALAPAGOS?!
That's where I'm going this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.