Expected Delivery from Garden State Tortoise

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So, last week I send an email to Chris and, surprise, he told me he was ready to deliver, which he did. And I got my western hermann's this past Wednesday.
He seems to be fine and really small, at 12gm.
Wow, I'm surprised it took him so long. That's really not the greatest service, disappointing.
But glad you finally received your little shelled friend.

MakJ

Washington
So, last week I send an email to Chris and, surprise, he told me he was ready to deliver, which he did. And I got my western hermann's this past Wednesday.
He seems to be fine and really small, at 12gm.
Oh my gosh I’m so glad you got yours! I’m still waiting on mine! He did email me that he was gonna try and send it out this week so I hope that’s the case!

cbotta3000

Decatur
Oh my gosh I’m so glad you got yours! I’m still waiting on mine! He did email me that he was gonna try and send it out this week so I hope that’s the case!
Best of luck. As an fyi, my delivery was late for like 10 hrs. but did make it... Don't go crazy for the whole day. Just be home so you can unpack the poor thing as soon as it gets to his/henew place!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Best of luck. As an fyi, my delivery was late for like 10 hrs. but did make it... Don't go crazy for the whole day. Just be home so you can unpack the poor thing as soon as it gets to his/henew place!
And give it a warm soak as soon as he is unpacked. That's with any tortoise being shipped, even if on time.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hello all!

Just received my tortoise this morning, it is a whopping 13g😂 and super active! We have named him/her Fern.

View attachment 361578
That is soooooo cute. You need to soak in a high sided container to prevent exactly what predictably happened next!

Please read on here how to take care of your new shelled warrior. Correct heat, light , diet, water, calcium, enclosure, substrate, you name it it all needs to be in place to ensure slow smooth shell growth and health. I also recommend starting up a weekly weigh log, this helps you see growth and also monotor weight loss etc.... most of all enjoy and keep us posted.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Now you know the reason for the delay- getting enough grams heavy to be shipped 🤣 Love the little cutie pie!!!

MakJ

Washington
Still waiting on a reply 2 months 3 emails. Nothing.
Dang, that’s crazy. I would’ve thought all of the hatchlings would have gone out by now. I would email him again for sure, what I ended up doing was emailing the email listed on his Venmo rather than the one on the garden state tortoise website. I believe one is his personal email and the other is the one for his business. That was how I was able to finally get a response.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
I was curious about the same thing, I order my western Hermann’s around March and Chris said I would receive the tortoise around late-july. Still haven’t heard anything yet so I emailed him today. Hope my impatience isn’t getting to me lol.
That's not very impatient.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, all the bad customer service from them is ridiculous. He sure spends enough time making videos for FB. Making people wait so long and not getting answers is ridiculous. I won't recommend them any more.

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
I haven't heard from Chris, nor have I received my tortoise yet.
From previous comments to this thread I understood that delivery would take please in August.
I hope something happens between the next two weeks.
I will surely post here any news.
I have tried to get ahold of Chris multiple times about my western hermanns, he responded here and there, I just emailed him last night and nothing, I really hope I don't get ripped off

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
I have tried to get ahold of Chris multiple times about my western hermanns, he responded here and there, I just emailed him last night and nothing, I really hope I don't get ripped off
I paid for the tortoise in June, he said they should be ready in July, well here it is October and nothing, I did see in 1 of his many videos that the western hermanns that he was showing are all spoken for, how can this be, such poor customer service, my tortoise enclosure is all set up ready to go, but no tortoise

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think he will rip you off. However, I am very surprised at how he is running his tortoise selling business, very poorly
If it were me, I would keep trying on a daily basis. Whatever form of getting thru to him I would do on a daily basis.
So sorry this is happening. I sure won't recommend him any more.