Expected Delivery from Garden State Tortoise

cbotta3000

Location (City and/or State)
Decatur
Mid Jan 2023 I fully prepaid a testudo hermanni hermanni from Garden State. I think that Chris said that delivery would be around now...
I am so excited about the whole thing!!! I was wondering if any of you is either expecting delivery or has already received your baby tortoise.
I don't want to bother Chris. I know he is really busy.
Thanks!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How exciting.
However, I think you should contact Chris, so you can get a more accurate idea when it's going to ship. If he's selling than he's not too busy to take calls/text/etc from a person that already bought and paid for a tortoise.
With the crazy weather all over the place, there may be further delays in shipping. Best to know than to be expecting shipping and it be delayed further then anticipated.

MakJ

Washington
Mid Jan 2023 I fully prepaid a testudo hermanni hermanni from Garden State. I think that Chris said that delivery would be around now...
I am so excited about the whole thing!!! I was wondering if any of you is either expecting delivery or has already received your baby tortoise.
Thanks!!!
I was curious about the same thing, I order my western Hermann’s around March and Chris said I would receive the tortoise around late-july. Still haven’t heard anything yet so I emailed him today. Hope my impatience isn’t getting to me lol.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think you both should email or text or call. He should let you know what is going on and when he expects to ship.
He has your money, he owes it too you to keep you updated now that the time is here.
That said, don't worry about being ripped off, I'm sure he will not do that, he is legit.

cbotta3000

Decatur
I was curious about the same thing, I order my western Hermann’s around March and Chris said I would receive the tortoise around late-july. Still haven’t heard anything yet so I emailed him today. Hope my impatience isn’t getting to me lol.
Looks like there are some of us in the same boat...
Would you mind sharing his answer when he emails you?
Thanks!

MakJ

Washington
Thanks!
Of course, I emailed him yesterday in the late evening. Still haven’t heard back but will keep you updated when I do. I saw on one of his latest YouTube videos that they are having a heat wave in New Jersey where Garden State Tortoise is at. I’m wondering if maybe that’s why we haven’t heard anything yet.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
Well I have heard some bad things about his “pre orders” talk about counting your eggs before they hatch. So good luck hopefully he doesn’t roll your order over to next year. I’ve heard he has done that in the past

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
I ordered an E. Hermanns 2 y ago from him. His communication for updates on expected shipping time was really poor. I had to go through PayPal to get a response but my tort arrived in great condition. I suspect he has more irons in the fire than he is really capable of managing.

MakJ

Washington
I ordered an E. Hermanns 2 y ago from him. His communication for updates on expected shipping time was really poor. I had to go through PayPal to get a response but my tort arrived in great condition. I suspect he has more irons in the fire than he is really capable of managing.
The weird thing is he was super good at responding when I was purchasing the tortoise. He would respond within an hour or two. Now I have sent two emails in the past month and it’s just radio silence. I’m assuming he’s busy and has lots of things to do running his facility. I would just like an update about the tortoise and at least to know when he’ll ship it out.

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
The weird thing is he was super good at responding when I was purchasing the tortoise. He would respond within an hour or two. Now I have sent two emails in the past month and it’s just radio silence. I’m assuming he’s busy and has lots of things to do running his facility. I would just like an update about the tortoise and at least to know when he’ll ship it out.
That was my experience as well. I asked folks on this forum what to do and ultimately I went back to PayPal to initiate a more stringent request for information. I prepaid for my tort also. I think that since I made my initial inquiries in February, I got better responses because it was a slow time of the year for him. When I started asking for updates mid June he was probably in the thick of things. I don’t think he is a scammer but he definitely needs to work on his customer service for his sales.
Good luck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That was my experience as well. I asked folks on this forum what to do and ultimately I went back to PayPal to initiate a more stringent request for information. I prepaid for my tort also. I think that since I made my initial inquiries in February, I got better responses because it was a slow time of the year for him. When I started asking for updates mid June he was probably in the thick of things. I don’t think he is a scammer but he definitely needs to work on his customer service for his sales.
Good luck!
I don't think any of you have to worry about him scamming you. I truly feel he would never do that
It's not right though that he doesn't answer and give updates.
I hope you get your tortoises soon and don't have to wait another year.
Keep us posted on the whole situation.

MakJ

Washington
I don't think any of you have to worry about him scamming you. I truly feel he would never do that
It's not right though that he doesn't answer and give updates.
I hope you get your tortoises soon and don't have to wait another year.
Keep us posted on the whole situation.
Thank you guys! I’m sure I’m just overthinking it! Would be nice to hear back but I know he’s a busy guy. I’ll post again once I’ve heard back!

MakJ

Washington
Thank you guys! I’m sure I’m just overthinking it! Would be nice to hear back but I know he’s a busy guy. I’ll post again once I’ve heard back!
Thanks!
Just received an email back, apparently Chris is offline from his email as he normally does in the hatching season which I was not aware about. Anyway long story short is that the tortoises apparently hatched late this season and will be ready to go out mid-august!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you heard from him finally. Not smart of him to do, when tortoises are promised and paid for. But I do know you were safe with him and would not get scammed.
Sorry you have to wait even longer, but it will be worth it.

MakJ

Washington
Thanks!!!
Hello,

Have you heard back from Chris yet? Or received your tortoise? I was curious whether it would be this week that we would hear back.

cbotta3000

Decatur
Hello,

Have you heard back from Chris yet? Or received your tortoise? I was curious whether it would be this week that we would hear back.
I haven't heard from Chris, nor have I received my tortoise yet.
From previous comments to this thread I understood that delivery would take please in August.
I hope something happens between the next two weeks.
I will surely post here any news.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, it's really not what I would have expected from him. I do know the weather has been terribly hot all over and likely way to hot too ship. But, that does not excuse the zero communication from him.
Sure hope he responds soon.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
He's been posting videos of having tons upon tons of hatchlings this year, but I also suspect with this popularity he also gets tons of demand