Exo-Terra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexfl73

5 Year Member
Hi,

This is a great forum, lots of information. Definitely a newbie here! I purchased an Exo-terra large (36X18) LOW terrarium and after opening it up started having second thoughts on the height. Im planning on getting a baby sulcata (which will eventually go outside once it outgrows the tank). I was thinking of exchanging it and getting the large exo-terra ,the taller regular one. Was concerned about the lighting being so close to the tortoise. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!:tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Save your money and purchase the largest plastic tote storage box you can find at a store like Home Depot. Before you do that, read Toms threads below on raising a healthy, smooth sulcata. Also, I just found out Tom has Sullies for sale, and if at all possible, that's where I would recommend getting one.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Yep, use a Rubbermaid. So much cheaper for the same amount of floor space. Walmart has the 50 gallon big ones for $18 in this area.

alexfl73

5 Year Member
cant envision the rubbermaids making for a nice looking enclosure...I liked the Exo-terra look. They are pricey though...I paid 135 for the low one. Can still return though.

alexfl73

5 Year Member
another issue is that I want to make sure my cats do not get curious with an open container like the Rubbermaid, I like the idea of doors. Although from browsing around, there are some nice enclosures other members have built

Status
Not open for further replies.