Enclosure

littlemonstir

Hi, I'm a new sulcata owner. Check out my enclosure and please let me know if you have any suggestions. Sorry if the pic came out a little dark. Thanks!ImageUploadedByTortForum1395532921.406496.jpg

I almost forgot! This maybe a dumb question. The plants at the pet store for terrariums say reptile safe. Does that mean they are okay for my tortoise?

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Hello littlemonstir :)

Is that the name of your new sulcata baby?

Here are my suggestions for you:
Unless you heat and humidify that entire room, it's going to be too hard to maintain the proper temps and humidity levels in that rabbit cage.
Fake plants, like the ones you purchased at the pet store, are fine to use with tortoises. It'll depend on your tortoise if they work out or not. My leopards never bothered fake plants. Others have some that try and eat them.
I don't like the stick on thermometers. Invest in some digital and probe thermometers. When you do get those, place them at tortoise level so you know the temps where he is, not 6"+ above him.

Check out the tread tffnytorts shared for you and you'll learn quite a bit about how to care for your soon to be big monster :)

littlemonstir

No, that's my dogs name. The kids named are tortoise Rocky. The stick on is junk, I agree. It was just till my infrared temp gauge came in the mail. I'm always checking on him and misting for humidity. He does try to eat everything! I am starting a tub growing tortoise safe seeds/weeds so he can graze outside on nice days:)