Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
Hey guys this was Coco old enclosure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2jdGlXLQsA

Now checkout her new enclosure:
photo.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I have a question because these are all fake plants in there. What live plants can a redfoot have planted in her enclosure so if she want to chomp on some plants she can ? im thinking of replacing some of the fake plants with real plants!

There is only one problem my new enclosure is not keeping the heat in. The regulator is reading 30 degrees ferin height but its definitely not 30 degrees in the tank that has to be the default temp for when its sitting around and not being used! And we have a baby tortoise arriving in a box tomorrow morning for 10:30am!

Im thinking about buying a 150w basking heat bulb!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you want to know my enclosure setup it the same as my youtube video but I will list anyway.

I using a 120w basking heat bulb and a purple florescent uvb bulb 12 hours a day!

The only thing I noticed. Because most people recommend 90 basking area on the high side and 80 degree on the cool side. But my tortoise did not like and always stayed in her hut and never came out. But when I made it be 80degree high and 70 on the low side she enjoyed it more!

my pet store said I could stick a big $40 heating pad on the side of the tank to help keep the heat inside! not sure how to do this. Not like how to put the heat pad on I mean how to keep the heat inside a glass tank. and btw its 70-80 gallon tank! Sorry forgot to say that before =[

Substrate is coconut fiber by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.