Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Is it better to have loads of hides and rocks and that or is it better to give them loads of space need advice please

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well....they need plenty o' space and a few hides......Rocks and stuff can be part of the flooring just bury them a little or prop them up in a corner maybe....i dont really know ;)
Thats' my oppinon...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Yep, you're going to need a mix of both. They need plenty of space AND somewhere to hide, you can't really sacrifice one for another, but you can be creative with your hide to ensure it doesn't take up too much room.

M

Maggie Cummings

Everything in moderation, some rocks and branches to climb on and over and a couple of hides for each tortoise and lots of room to roam...confusing?

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Guys go on my profile and tell me what you think on my enclosure is it okay and that

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I feel fewer rocks and flipping obstacles the better...a couple hiding spots is great...but they tend to want to climb everything to explore to escape and those rocks and sticks can get a tort in trouble by ending up on their back...IMHO that is :D

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Ascott look at my enclosure on my profile on my second thread tell me what you think

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What a beautiful space. I do think that if it were me :D I would remove a bit of the stuff (non essentials) to free up floor space...these guys do need exercise ....may I ask? Do you have an outdoor space for him during the warm months?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I agree with the others.
They do tend to like to 'walk the perimeter', but they also love to climb. So if you have logs or rocks that are lower to the ground, they will climb over them while they walk. You can have one hide on the cool side in a corner, but perhaps another one away from the edge so they can get by. They also like to walk under things.
The idea is to have a fairly clear walking path around the edges, and then I think they just keep walking and walking and walking...
You are on the right track, it looks very nice.

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Thanks I appreciate your advice and that yeah I'm going to remove a few things shuffle it about and well I've only had her a month so when it comes summer again I'll make a place for her outside defenately! And I let her wonder round my
Room for exercise at night she loves it
Try's getting under my bed so funny

Status
Not open for further replies.