Enclosure tips?

Sight

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill Florida
image.jpgCan I have any tips on how to make this better for my baby Sulcata? I’m only 16 so don’t put anything to expensive

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Please read this:

Most of what you need can and should be found at the hardware store and Walmart, so not expensive. We will help you figure it all out. Read that thread at least twice, and then come back with questions, and ask for money saving suggestions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you still have the lid that came with the tub? You can cut holes for the lights and cover the enclosure with the lid to keep the warm, humid air inside. Get rid of the carpet and use fir bark instead (Forest Floor, Cypress Mulch, orchid bark). Once you have substrate instead of carpet, you can sink a plant saucer down into the substrate for water and get rid of the waterer you're using. They're not good for baby tortoises. Use a tile to feed him on. Read this:

Reactions: Tom

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yvonne's idea would really be good for you to do. It looks like your lights are being held by clamps, which are extremely dangerous.

The clamps often fail, and the light falls into the enclosure, starting a fire. Whole houses have burned to the ground. Or like the lady who used to be on the forum, the light landed on her hatchling, killing it.

This is a priority for you...secure the lights so they cannot fall.