Enclosure Remodel we forgot to add....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Over Christmas break I "Jazzed" my daughters Sulcata enclosure up a bit and thought I had it all to specs....lol sunday as we are putting the baby's back in after a soak she says..."uhhhm dad we forgot something bigtime" Im scanning the enclosure going now what !! lol When we remodeled, her and I went thru all the posts of suggestions this an that and tried to incorporate all of them with the new enclosure....But sunday when she bout put me in cardiac arrest with Now What ! LoL she pointed out that we never did give the Torts a bigger watering area for when we are not home. So off to the store again I went, got a bigger dish and built a pretty cool frame for it (or I think its cool ) so anyways lol besides still waiting on the new mercury bulb to get here... I think we might have it (Im covering my ears) lol
xpqzc7.jpg

21kmmba.jpg

25jxoc0.jpg

2vcut93.jpg

5 Year Member
Ohio
B K said:
WOW! that looks Great:D

Thank you !! What I thought was cool....on the end its filled with sand and the gem stones......But.....they cant get to it....its covered with a piece of 1/4 in lexan if /when they scratch it up....I can pop it off and replace it or when lil one decides she wants different stuff on the sand part I can change it out no worries lol thank you again !!

5 Year Member
Ohio
Marty333 said:
Your torts live in a tortoise palace! Steps to the watering bowl and I gorgeous design! Mine has an emptied out ferrero rocher container :p

Thank you !! We started a couple months ago with these two, and its gone just zooooooooooom lol I posted pics of the first new enclosure and then of the remodel besides this....I totally love it....makes me wanna crawl in an wallow in the heat lamps lol

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Beautiful enclosure :) I love it!
Thanks so much for sharing, it gives me ideas for my tortoises enclousres :cool:

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I'd like to order a tort table from you, Dave. I want mine to be about 15'x15', and then I'll have room for a patio table and some comfy chairs right in the middle.... and I'm only slightly kidding! Very nice set up. I'm sure your torts have NO IDEA how good they've got it!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow that looks great!! Spoiled torts for sure :)
Have you put them in it yet? I would just make sure they can get out- it might be kind of slippery. I ended up putting a few river rocks in my tort's water dish to help him climb out. Just an idea!

5 Year Member
Ohio
TortyQueen said:
I'd like to order a tort table from you, Dave. I want mine to be about 15'x15', and then I'll have room for a patio table and some comfy chairs right in the middle.... and I'm only slightly kidding! Very nice set up. I'm sure your torts have NO IDEA how good they've got it!

LoL Im in Ohio so if an when holler at me, Im always building something, I still say my best is....I hand built turned the steel on a lathe, did the mill work, carved the wood out, but I have a civil war style cannon with 20 inch wheels that I built and I fire with live rounds.....Im a safety director by day and god knows what im trying to build at night lol

ChiKat said:
Wow that looks great!! Spoiled torts for sure :)
Have you put them in it yet? I would just make sure they can get out- it might be kind of slippery. I ended up putting a few river rocks in my tort's water dish to help him climb out. Just an idea!

Its two inches deep, but Im already on your thoughts, I have a 1/4 inch soft rubber hose to lay in the inside on the bottom if they have trouble with footing and split some air line tubing tonight I can fasten to the outer/top lip if they cant get out. The tub I transfer them to when I soak em is plastic and is a four inch height an they are begining to crawl outa it so hopefully they can get in and out without me having to modify it.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I wasn't sure how big they were- sounds like it's a great size for them :)
Of course you're already thinking ahead- I should have known, judging by the rest of their enclosure ;) Just wanted to make sure :D

5 Year Member
Ohio
ChiKat said:
I wasn't sure how big they were- sounds like it's a great size for them :)
Of course you're already thinking ahead- I should have known, judging by the rest of their enclosure ;) Just wanted to make sure :D

No Worries, Im still completely brand new to this so any advice or tips is always greatly appreciated !!!!!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
How fun it must have been for you and your daughter to do this together. I bet it is a time she will always cherish.

5 Year Member
Ohio
Angi said:
How fun it must have been for you and your daughter to do this together. I bet it is a time she will always cherish.

Its been a total blast !! We always spend allot of time together doing whatever but this has been awesome, we spent months reading about the torts together and she's always right by my side helping when we do things like this.
23ppcp.jpg

ALDABRAMAN said:
Looks great!

Thank you !!

LindaF said:
It's a tortoise paradise!!!!

LOL thank you !!

Tracy Gould said:
If u are ever in the UK u can do my Garden lol, Its great I had to cover Shelbys eye incase she/he saw lol

LOL Im not much of a gardener I always over plant and end up with a zillion veggies growing together in a big heap lol

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Love that picture of the two of you. The memories you two make from working on this together will last forever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.