EMERGENCY Placement needed quickly!!!!

RudySalg

These are pictures of Earl, the turtle we are trying to place

OHNOITZROSIE

5 Year Member
Yes, we are desperate to place him. My phone number is 909-379-5288 if you would consider. My name is Rudy
I REALLY HOPE you check out any person who is adopting him. You don't want this poor boy who is losing his mama and has given happiness to someone for all these years to be placed in a home that not be able to house him properly. Just so you can get rid of him.
He is a living animal...

RudySalg

No we don't, that's why I posted on this forum. California turtle and tortoise recommended to us that we should contact our local animal shelter. We are still trying to find someone who would want him. Got any ideas!?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Try a new thread. Title it: Large Sulcata needs new home. Then add photos and your location in the first post.

Sometimes people will choose what threads to read based on the title. Also, if you should so choose, you could insert a phone number or email address into your post. Then non members can contact you, too. Just trying to give you options.

Hotrodtuesday

My mother had a sulcata turtle that wandered into her backyard years and years ago. She searched the neighborhood but no one claimed him. Consequently, she has cared for him for many, many years. Now she is too old to live alone and is moving out of her house, with nowhere for the turtle to go. He is huge, it would take two people to lift him. I have contacted many sites and no one wants this turtle. My mother has to be out of the house by the 29th of this month. She lives in Riverside, CA. Would anyone know of someone who would be willing to take this turtle? If so please contact me, Rudy, at 909-886-2559 or 909-881-5528. Thanks so much, Rudy
Hi my name is denise i live in san bernardino do you still need a home for your sulcata. ? If i do not here from you right away i will call tje number you listed when church is out .

Hotrodtuesday

Ok well rudy dont panic ...my mother hss a van so transporting should not be a problem. As of now she has 3 red sliders 3 box turtles and we got a baby sulcata at christmas ...she loves her turtles ! We have a back yard for him and um sure we can work this out so if you will just gove me about an hour we will call you again my name is denise thank you

Hotrodtuesday

Ok well rudy dont panic ...my mother hss a van so transporting should not be a problem. As of now she has 3 red sliders 3 box turtles and we got a baby sulcata at christmas ...she loves her turtles ! We have a back yard for him and um sure we can work this out so if you will just gove me about an hour we will call you again my name is denise thank you
Am i correct in saying that you said you are located in riverside

M

Maggie Cummings

Remember, he will need someplace to sleep at night, with warmth on him. I do not agree he can just live in the yard....Yvonne was sick thru most of that, I'll call her...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Just to let everyone know. I've seen this thread and other than refer the OP to the California Turtle and Tortoise Club, there's nothing I can do for them. I live about a 6 hour drive north of the OP. I don't drive to pick up rescues. If the OP wants to bring me the tortoise I'm happy to take him and find him GOOD home here in my area, but that's all I have to offer. I appreciate all the alerts and all the confidence you all have in me, but I'm too far away to be of much help.

squirt15

Did you find a placement i live in michigan i have a young sully but i would like to rescue another just wondering his size because my first is to small to be out doors