Eggplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
Toxic or not? i read that is was, i had it all cut up and ready for a treat, and decided to double check. What does TortoiseForum think?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If I remember correctly it is toxic like tomatoes are toxic, they are in the same family I believe, The plant (leaves and such) are toxic, but the fruit (tomatoes are berries actually) are not. If I am mistaken please correct me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The plant itself is toxic (its in the deadly nightshade family), but the fruit is ok, however, no one in my care will eat it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've fed it to my sulcatas before. They ate it right up. But they eat everything right up...

A

aaronbirk

Eggplant is a plant of the family Solanaceae and genus Solanum, according to my point of view, I think that eggplant is wonderful in salads, soups, main courses, casseroles and side dishes. It is a cold-sensitive vegetable that requires a long warm season for best yields.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Not something I buy to feed specifically, but I don't like to waste things... I was beer battering and frying some last week, and I fed the left overs to the Hingebacks and they ate it right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.