Dusty's New Digs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
It been a family affair. We enjoyed working together to give Dusty a new outdoor enclosure. I still need to stain and put another row of 1x2's over the top of the lid to finish it off. I also need to put in more hides and bushes, watering dish and misting system. I believe this area is 49 sqf if my math is right. Right now Dusty is only 4" so this should work for a year until we build a bigger place for him and hope a couple more. All 3 sides are 8' and the width is 2.5'.

Before:
2lbe51i.jpg

After:
35meflf.jpg

20jrbk4.jpg

npgp02.jpg

bd5e9.jpg

35ibwwi.jpg
tyvk1.jpg

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Wow that's NICE!!! I expecially like those steps in the background :p you have a very beautiful enclosure and yard!!!

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Dusty is a VERY lucky tortoise!! Looks like you had some great help from your husband and son, great work!:)
Out of curiosity, is that middle section(with the grass) a grazing area, or storage for equipment?:)

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
DanaLachney said:
Wow that's NICE!!! I expecially like those steps in the background :p you have a very beautiful enclosure and yard!!!

i agree that you have a really cool backyard :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Snapper925 said:
Dusty is a VERY lucky tortoise!! Looks like you had some great help from your husband and son, great work!:)
Out of curiosity, is that middle section(with the grass) a grazing area, or storage for equipment?:)

It started off as a raised garden bed. The middle section is just a walk in area with artificial turf.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks guys. The yard looks nice and green now, but pretty soon it will be brown and ugly. We do enjoy the space. It's now time to hit the spa because our backs are killing us:)

Status
Not open for further replies.