don't you just want every one you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
I am obsessed with this forum, and looking at ppl's turts/torts....makes me want to have a million of them....i just cant get over how beautiful they all are....

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
San Pedro, CA
jojodesca said:
I am obsessed with this forum, and looking at ppl's turts/torts....makes me want to have a million of them....i just cant get over how beautiful they all are....

haha i do spend alot of time on here

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
You should post that on THE TORTOISE MANIAC thread, it applies.....lol

FBody355

5 Year Member
Carver, MA
jojodesca said:

Haha, right!? I totally agree.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I only want the one tortoise. I'm the type of person to get dedicated and committed to one pet, but I do admit I regularly read the classifieds and my heart breaks a little each time.

There are so many badly treated tortoises coming out of the woodwork lately and I KNOW I could do better for them, but I don't have the time, space or money even to house them temporarily to ensure they're sold to someone who knows what they're doing. I should probably stop looking, but it's become something I keep doing. A few weeks ago, I did end up sending an e-mail to someone asking them to pass on my e-mail address when they sold their 'Official Name: Hermann Horsfield Leopard Tortoise, complete with a (small) aquarium, sand and food bowl - everything needed for a long and healthy life' (with added pyramiding!). Brackets are obviously my additions.

I doubt I'll hear back, but I can always hope.

Rawbbeh

5 Year Member
I am diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. As a kid all that I thought about, wanted, dreamed of, daydreamed of, talked about, etc was turtles. I had 10 or so box turtles at any given time when I was a kid. I was thoroughly obsessed!

When I was a kid...I wanted any and all turtles I saw. I grew up in Louisiana and I would make my mom stop if we were driving and I saw one on the side of the road.... Now that I am older...I want them all...but I can control my desires a lot better! LOL

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Its so true.. But the ones that pull at my heart most are the poor torts that were raised by people that don't have a clue about raising them at all and they are in need of rescue. Just about 75% of the ones I have seen on Craigslist for an example. How I wish I could save them all. But I at least was able to rescue my Ophelia from a not so great situation. Now she has the right light, food, substrate, and everything she needs. And she will be able to spend time outside this year!
Have a great day my forum friends! :)

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Glendale, AZ
jojodesca said:

I'm digging a lot of ppls pics!

Glad to know I'm not the only person that takes a gazillion pics of my animal children.. and my other extended animal children lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Several times I have reached a point where I had so many that it was a burden to care for them all. This is what stops me from getting 10 more... species. When I win the lottery, have nothing but time on my hands, and can hire someone to care for them with me, THEN I will want, and try to obtain them all.

For now I have learned to appreciate and enjoy the many that I am lucky to have.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have had to many at one time to, ornate box turtles, sulcatas,elongated,Radiated and Redfoots. Some hibernated and came in and out of hibernation. It did become a chore so I thinned out the herd. I now only have redfoots and 2 radiated and a bunch of redfoot eggs. "some People" still probably think I have to many but I dont. I might have room for 1 more female redfoot:D It is easy to get carried away

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Tom said:
Several times I have reached a point where I had so many that it was a burden to care for them all. This is what stops me from getting 10 more... species. When I win the lottery, have nothing but time on my hands, and can hire someone to care for them with me, THEN I will want, and try to obtain them all.

For now I have learned to appreciate and enjoy the many that I am lucky to have.

Tom I will take that job, when you hit the lottery! :D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Someday (hopefully soon) when I have a backyard, I'm going to get many more Russian tortoises, and hopefully start breeding them. But for now, two is going to have to be it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.