Exquisite Creatures exhibit

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
IMG_5860.JPG IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5862.JPG I just went to Christopher Marley's "Exquisite Creatures" exhibit and was blown away at how beautiful it is. He uses insects and animals to create art. All the animals were captive and died naturally. Not true of the bugs though. The tortoise/turtle piece was beautiful but also a little sad because there were many baby Sulcatas which just made me think again about how many of them don't make it due to hatchling failure syndrome or poor husbandry. But it was nice to see the shells of so many beautiful torts and turts arranged so nicely and I like what the wall plaque had to say so I thought I'd share. I recommend going to this exhibit if it's passing through your town.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It IS pretty, but it's sad there are so many baby shells.

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
Fascinating- I see at least 6 Kinixys homeana represented. What's crazy is that it is the universal affection that is really extreme these days- Captive Breeding is key to keep up with the demand of this "universal affection" for sure. Where is this exhibit? Thanks for sharing.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Fascinating- I see at least 6 Kinixys homeana represented. What's crazy is that it is the universal affection that is really extreme these days- Captive Breeding is key to keep up with the demand of this "universal affection" for sure. Where is this exhibit? Thanks for sharing.
I saw the exhibit in Portland, Oregon where it will be through February 16th. I looked online to see where it was going next but I couldn't find a calendar of tour dates. Here is a link to some information https://christophermarley.com/
The beetle and butterfly displays are really gorgeous!