Dont you hate that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
I got Ester out of her tank to put her in her feeding tub but I usually look at all my water turtles shells just to see for anything you know but then she doesn't like it but she got to moving while I was turning her over to see her plastron to look, then she got loose and feel from my hand. Nothing major but a little scratch no blood or tears, Thank the LORD but don't you hate that when they do that to you when your trying to help them lol :D

Thank the LORD for Everything :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have had RES for almost 30 years now many of those for 20 plus years and they still act like I am a monster and try and get away from me whenever (rarely) I handle them.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
I hear ya that's the way treat me lol :D but they are funny though :D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
My grumpy boy kicks the snot out of me when I pick him up, those hind feet are strong. When he sees me though, he swims for me as hard as he can but doesn't want to be picked up. He's odd.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
That's odd but I have been thinking and reading maybe they hate that is because it's their territory and home and not ours. So when we take them out then we are stressing them out and also we are taking them from there confront zone. So until they get use to it the they will do this. But that's my theory on why they do it.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Add to that the fact that being picked up puts them completely out of control and at the mercy of who or what is holding them. I guess it's only natural. He seems quite a bit nicer though after that shed, so handsome now too.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
if it makes you feel better, I just moved and I'm still transfering my turtles well my baby Eastern Mud Turtle Squirtle (yes after the pokemon) was gapping at me and he is only the size of a quarter and trying to bite, but my eastern Snapping Turtle chomper rarely gaps of anything though he needs more handling so that he doesn't turn into a monster.

hey Weda. I have goldfish named Aki, Yoshi, Hoshi, Medoka,Huruki

Status
Not open for further replies.