Do you need a health Certificate to ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Does anybody know if you need a USDA health Certificate to ship a Sulcata tortoise hatchling, even if you don't own a business?

Urtle

5 Year Member
If the shipping address is located outside of California a USDA health certificate will be required.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
So I have been reading up on the federal laws and it looks like you need a health certificate to ship from any state to any state within the US? I am viewing this from the downloaded pdf Sulcata Station: Interstate Shipping Regulations for African Tortoises within the USA. Am I reading it wrong? How can this be? How can each and every Sulcata hatchling that anyone ships need a health cert?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its true. You are supposed to have one if you cross state lines. Its true of your dogs or other pets too. You might get away with it sometimes, but if you keep doing it you will get caught.

Anybody else want more government? I'm pretty sure its still legal to breathe without an expensive permit.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I just applied for a breathing permit in CA I was turned down, now I gotta hold my breath for the next 6 months

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
Warning: Breathing is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm...

M

Maggie Cummings

Believe me I have breathed in Calif, I know it's bad!

I am wondering with all the other stuff Josh is adding to TFO, can he add a stand up comedians night?

I think between dmmj and chad and Tom they could hold a crowd captive or is that "in captivity"?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.