My suly in the plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
Hi, everybody I'm moving from Florida to Puerto Rico, my question is how to travel with my sulcata she is only one year old.

-Can my suly travel with me on the plane?

-Do I need a document or something like a health certificate?

-Do I have to pay for my suly airplane ticket?

-If anyone travel with a suly before please let me know how is the process thanks in advanced!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Well, I would start with the airline for one. That is a big move, are you moving for work or pleasure, or family?

I wonder if Puerto Rico has some type of Fish and Game dept. Just a thought. Maybe look for something like that.

Good questions, I wonder if he needs a permit or anything.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
All airlines are different, so you need to talk to who you are flying with and get something IN WRITING!
You might have an issues getting it into Peurto Rico.. Danny??? do you know ?

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Hi everybody I'm already in PR with my Sully vudu.
There was no problem with TSA I just walk through the screening showing my tort on hands out of the container.
After pass TSA I place my tort in his plastic container and put it inside a hand bag, I also put some paper towels inside the plastic container walls to prevent the noise of the shell hitting the plastic container. The airline crew members never see the tort only TSA and is OK with TSA as long as you take the tort out of the container and walk through the screening with the tort on your bare hands so the airlines never know you travel with your little body.

Tortoise-Luke

5 Year Member
really cool you had no problems, did you have to show any type of certificate or anything?

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Hi Luke I do had a heath certificate of my tort and I did show the certificate but they don't ask me for it in fact they don't even open the envelope I show with the health certificate inside.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I didn't think you would have a problem bringing it into to PR, but I am not so sure you are going to be able to bring it out when you decided to leave. There is no customs when you enter PR or the US Virgin Islands, but you must clear customs to leave. One of the questions on the form is about live animals, fruits, plants, etc. So, as long as you are there to stay...then I think you will be ok. Now because it is a Suly, if you stay there for any length of time this is a moot point, because it will be too large to carry back with you.

Good Luck to you, you have moved to a very beautiful place. Give Ricon, my regards....it is fabulous there.

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Hi, DixieParadise there's no customs between PR and US continental states if you travel straight non stop fly. I been travel all the time my only concern was TSA but now that I know they don't have any problem with my tort it's ok I can travel all the time until my tort get to big to travel in a hand bag.

And yes PR is beautiful green everywhere nice beaches and spectacular surf spots is like paradise!!!

budhuger

10 Year Member!
Puerto Rico
Pictures of my suly Voodoo in Puerto Rico he or she is doing very well in PR the grow rate is faster now and the shell is growing smooth and round very dome, the first 4 pictures are from December 2010 in Florida and the 5 and6 from April and the rest are from PR. He or she is going to be 1 year old in September.
IMAG0028-1.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

tort0.jpg

eat1.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Wow, your tort is looking REALLY good! Keep it up! I like the pic with his head twisted while eating those greens ;P

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
She looks great! I am guessing she only because she looks like a female to me for some reason, she just has a female face I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.