do i have the best wife in the world or is she up to some thing?

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
Believe it or not my wife has just let me throw the dinning table and chairs out to make room for the new tortoise enclosure and it was her idea, I got a little carried away and it was a tad too high to go where the old one was. It did fit just took over a bit too much. so now its in the dinning room. It means i have to buy her a new fold down table but who cares about that lol, or maybe it was her idea all along to get a new dinning set out of it. i'll get some pics when its finished, just waiting on paint to dry and the bars for the lights. All being well the new tort will be in on Wednesday and i cant wait :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tread carefully my friend. I detect a very expensive request from your "tolerant and understanding" wife in the near future...

New car perhaps? Diamonds? Kitchen remodel? Its coming. I can guarantee that. :D

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
yep i've got it pretty darn good, But I knew it wouldn't be as simple as her just being nice. she's after new carpets for the living room and kid's bed rooms. Think i better just do what i'm told for a a while before i push me luck too far. i tried to tell her there's room for another enclosure now where the old one was and if looks could kill i'd be 6 ft under. :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Light meal from about 4pm, when the English have a cup of tea in the best China and little cakes, and small sandwiches etc. that are traditionally placed around the saucer, but served on multi-tiered cake stands.
Lovely tradition, that wifey and I usually uphold.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Light meal from about 4pm, when the English have a cup of tea in the best China and little cakes, and small sandwiches etc. that are traditionally placed around the saucer, but served on multi-tiered cake stands.
Lovely tradition, that wifey and I usually uphold.
I LOVE the English tradition of taking tea!
Apparently there are slightly differing customs regarding tea throughout the British Commonwealth.
I worked in New Zealand for 2+ years. In the offices where I worked, around 10:00 every morning and around 3:00 every afternoon the ladies with the tea carts would come down the halls. All work would halt, and for about 15 min everyone would visit, drink tea and eat biscuits (what we call cookies in the US) or toast in the mornings and finger sandwiches in the afternoon! It was wonderful!
I wish the U.S. had traditions like that. :)
Terribly civilized, don't you know!:p

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
we're not all posh tea and scone types, especially not up north we're common as muck. me i just chuck a t bag and a drop of milk in a mug. a cup just don't hold enough and the handles are too darn small. accompanied by as many cookies as i can ram in my mouth before the kids notice i've got them lol. i did mean tea time as in time as in food which is about 5ish. your dinner time i think in america. dinner time to us is 12-1pm ish. any thing before 10 is just breakfast :rolleyes:

phebe121

Ahhh dinner tables are over rated we all eat at different times and if we eat together its in the living room laughing and having fun are table is for paying bills not fun at all lol id want a enclosure there to lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm a west country carrot cruncher, but we still manage our tea and scones. Clotted cream and strawberry jam.
In the north of England dinner is in the middle of the day, but that is luncheon, or just lunch to us in the south.
If you mean the evening meal it is 'high tea' that is the same as dinner, the evening meal or supper.
And we have elevenses, half way between breakfast and lunch, that the US calls brunch, I believe.

Last edited:

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
we mostly eat in the living room on with plates on our laps. The dining table mostly got used for the kids doing art projects. very rare we sit down as a family for a meal. The old one was made from beech block so i'm going to try and make a couple tortoise shaped chopping board from some from it. much more useful lol

phebe121

we mostly eat in the living room on with plates on our laps. The dining table mostly got used for the kids doing art projects. very rare we sit down as a family for a meal. The old one was made from beech block so i'm going to try and make a couple tortoise shaped chopping board from some from it. much more useful lol

Tortise shaped cutting boards how awesome