Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
http://trtlrm.com/15twJkm

Hey everyone,

Here's a new video that Steve put together detailing a DIY incubator he constructed recently. It can be easily constructed with materials available at any home improvement store.

Thanks for looking and we appreciate any feedback.

Anthony

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Thanks for the video. That is a pretty simple design and certainly keeps it humid in there. Did you guys come up with an approximate cost?

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Greg T said:
Thanks for the video. That is a pretty simple design and certainly keeps it humid in there. Did you guys come up with an approximate cost?

No, I didn't. I got the cooler for free, for one. The 2" PVC piece was about 2' long, so it was about $2.50. Water heaters run $10-15 (don't need a very big one to heat just a few gallons). The light diffuser is just a few bucks, as well. The Drylok is by far the most expensive item, but if you can find someone to share it with, or other projects that need it, its more worthwhile. Its more of a precautionary measure, as I know folks who have had no issue with water leaking through the styrofoam. However, we always recommending sealing any styrofoam for these kinds of projects.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Another awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.