Digging!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noved32

5 Year Member
So bob is in his new out door box (6ft by 3ft) and it is filled with organic top soil, peat moss, and coir stuff... Anyways. This new box is three feet high, and there is like almost 2 1/2 feet of dirt.. Bob has been digging down under the dirt.. Last night he was almost a foot down all covered up... It took me like 10 mins to find him!! Is this normal, should I worry about suffocating ..? He won't stop .. Lol I tries patting down the dirt to
Make it harder but it's bob, he is determined.. Should I be concerned or just let him have at it?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
noved32 said:
So bob is in his new out door box (6ft by 3ft) and it is filled with organic top soil, peat moss, and coir stuff... Anyways. This new box is three feet high, and there is like almost 2 1/2 feet of dirt.. Bob has been digging down under the dirt.. Last night he was almost a foot down all covered up... It took me like 10 mins to find him!! Is this normal, should I worry about suffocating ..? He won't stop .. Lol I tries patting down the dirt to
Make it harder but it's bob, he is determined.. Should I be concerned or just let him have at it?

He's fine! They are meant to dig right? So let him dig! :D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
That's right. Russian tortoises (along with Gopherus and sulcata tortoises) are adapted to digging. It's good that you have an enclosure that allows him to do so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.