Diet question

Ketta

Location (City and/or State)
Venezuela
Is it ok if I give him this for protein every 15 days? It's chicken.. IMG-20190520-WA0005.jpeg
It's like chicken liver.
1558372334234-312608868.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You want to use as lean as possible. Can you get chicken, just plain old chicken.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What about mango? Maynard goes beserk over mango. He scrapes it clean right down to the seed.

Ketta

Venezuela
You want to use as lean as possible. Can you get chicken, just plain old chicken.
Ok I will use this amount 1558372472767-1859208851.jpg

Right now I have no plain chicken. I got 1 piece of chicken but it have soy sauce and other sauces.

Ketta

Venezuela
Keto likes mango but doesn't Go crazy over it... He is very atypical. Keto leaves the mango once he gets to the skin.
What about mango? Maynard goes beserk over mango. He scrapes it clean right down to the seed.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes it is. Read my information why!! The ingredients used to make cat & dog food aren't safe! Dead pet's euthanized because of cancer's & all sorts of reason's, roadkill, tumor laden meat from slaughterhouses & more. Flea collars, microchips all the goodies in pet food because they GRIND UP & COOK YOUR DEAD PET'S THAT PET FOOD INDUSTRY SCUMBAGS CONTRACT TO PICK UP FROM VET'S. Many RECALLS of even top line (so called) pet food is because numerous pet's are sickened & dying from eating the same pet food. It takes a lot to get a recall! It will often admit in the recall that the food is TOO HIGH IN EUTHANASIA DRUG'S! I worked at a top Veterinary Teaching College Veterinary Practice. I know what I'm taking about. Don't be lazy & shorten the life of your turtle's by feeding them garbage. Only vet's with aow IQ would suggest that's okay. There are book's on the hidden dangerous ingredients in pet food by undercover people that had been told insider information by employees at both Vet's & the pet food industry. Nkt to mention the many bouts of toxic mold that killed countless pets & or left pet's with permanent injuries, including brain damage. I've seen it all first hand!
Are you saying that dog food is not safe and that none of us should be feeding it to our dogs, either?
That is both uninformed and rediculous.
Lumping every brand of dog food into one horror story is absurd.
My dog is certainly more sensitive (and much more important to me) than any of my tortoises have ever been.
I've given what I feed my dog a LOT of consideration. And have consulted with others, including @Tom, who have loads of experience.
We're not talking about made in China food from Dollar General.
The dog food that my tortoises do get on occasion. (Today in fact) is 100% perfectly safe.

Last edited:

Ketta

Venezuela
Are you saying that dog food is not safe and that none of us should be feeding it to our dogs, either?
That is both uninformed and rediculous.
Lumping every brand of dig food into one horror story is absurd.
My dog is certainly more sensitive (and much more important to me) than any of my tortoises have ever been.
I feed dry dog food to Keto once a week and he knows the day Too! He would pace back and forth until I give him the dog food and won't eat nothing else that day until he gets his dog food!

Ketta

Venezuela
Ok then how does the clover looks like? I thought those were clovers...

Ketta

Venezuela
Ok. I won’t stress my point anymore.
I’m telling you it’s not clover. If you want to feed it to your tortoise crack on.
Im just asking how you tell the difference between them? When Both have 3 leaves and are green. I want to know how you tell them apart.