Diapers for tortoises?

Grace-Sophia

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi all,
So I ran into somthing yesterday while scrolling through Etsy, someone is making tortoise diapers, my question is would it be okay to put on a tort? Is it safe for them, I could see it come in really helpful when I take me tortoises out, whether to roam under supervision or taking them on road trips in the car, to the vet, or up to the school I take Felix to, to be taught with. I just wanted to get your opinions and should I get a few?

Attachments

• 1B81DFE3-4560-4093-959E-F1BAD33398E0.png
    1B81DFE3-4560-4093-959E-F1BAD33398E0.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 25

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hi all,
So I ran into somthing yesterday while scrolling through Etsy, someone is making tortoise diapers, my question is would it be okay to put on a tort? Is it safe for them, I could see it come in really helpful when I take me tortoises out, whether to roam under supervision or taking them on road trips in the car, to the vet, or up to the school I take Felix to, to be taught with. I just wanted to get your opinions and should I get a few?
Oh man ive seen it all now ??‍♂️ Save ur money! That is the dumbest idea ever. That would just make more of a mess . Are u gonna buy diaper rash cream too? Haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, no! Do not use them. This is a tortoise that should be roaming the yard during good weather and its enclosure inside when too cold for those that live in the cold.
Give a warm long soak before you take him some place and transport him in a proper tote box.
These are not dogs, do not treat them as one.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
OMG, no! Do not use them. This is a tortoise that should be roaming the yard during good weather and its enclosure inside when too cold for those that live in the cold.
Give a warm long soak before you take him some place and transport him in a proper tote box.
These are not dogs, do not treat them as one.
I wouldnt put a diaper on my dog either haha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If there is ever a situation where you need to protect the surroundings from tortoise waste, you can use human preemie disposable diapers, however, having the tortoise inside a carrier or small tub works just as well.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Hi all,
I believe that when we put tortoises in situations where we believe a diaper is necessary, then we have put our needs first. If our tortoises are out “roaming,” it is natural for them to poop—and leave it behind. If we take them in a carrier to a vet or for transportation, then it is our responsibility to clean the towels afterwards. It should always be on us to make their experience as “natural” as possible. Trapping their waste against their body for our convenience does not seem ethical/necessary to me. They should not be compared to a dog in heat. Just my humble opinion…

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hmmm, do they make some?
Just curious about the determining the correct size for your Tortoise. How were they advertising size, Small, Medium, Large or Magnum. Or sold by volume of deposit., heavy days or light days. Looks more like a jock trap. You sure it wasn't advertised as a mask to keep your Tortoise safe from the virus. LOL

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
EVERYBODY WATCH OUUUUUT! ? ?
I'm about gonna throw something at you and it ain't a frying pan...
OMG...lol...I been doing that lately, commenting to the wrong comment..chubbs is a mcp, only he is of a such Neanderthal mindset...he does not understand when he is insulted. He also is so freakin hedonistic he can't comprehend that some women think is is gross ly cute