Deperately seeking a home.

Shortytorty

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello,
I am in desperate need to find a home for shorty. We are losing out house and have no clue where we will end up I have 90 days to figure everything out. I do not want to just post him on a public sale site. I need him to go to an experienced care taker so I know he will be properly cared for.. he is over a year and alert, curios, and a good eater a very good eater. He likes to dig in mud and fill his water dish with dirt. He comes over to me when I talk to him and likes when I scratch his shell. Idk if he can feel it but he seems to enjoy the attention. If you know of anyone in Ohio close to Toledo or Holland could you please let me know. I hate to do this but feel I have no alternative.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That’s so sad and my heart goes out to y’all! I’m not close enough to take him for you but I sure do wish you lots of luck and prayers. Stay positive!!!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
So sorry to hear all that. I'd love to drive up give him a great home for you, but I have too many critters as it is. Very best of luck to you. Always remember: God never closes a door without opening a window.

Shortytorty

Ohio
I'm sorry for your troubles ... if the future home is up in my neck of the woods (nh at the junction of VT and ma) I'd be happy to drive him the rest of the way ... I do that for rescue dogs all over the northeast.

Jamie
Thank you but I'll probably be moving by ,my mom.. staying in ohio

Shortytorty

Ohio
I live in. Youngstown, Ohio. It is about 2 to 3 hours from you. I am so sorry this is happening to you..
I also have several salcatas now, 3 babies and two sub adults.
Would you be interested in taking Shorty for me. I'm not asking for money just someone to take care of him. And that follows Toms guide lines. He has a full set up lights and all.

Shortytorty

Ohio
Yes, I can do that. Just let me know. Where and when.
Thank you very much I am working mad hours right now trying to keep together what I can but I will figure things out and get back to you. His set up will not fit in my car I will need to find transportation. How far are you willing to come?

Shortytorty

Ohio
Ok thank you. When I get my next schedule I will let you know I'm work late every night this week. I will have to be after 2 so my husband is gone he is still holding out hope but I am worried about shorty I'm afraid to wait till the last minute. He is already upset that I got rid of some of our furniture. But shorty is mine not his. I wanna do what's best for him.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Ok thank you. When I get my next schedule I will let you know I'm work late every night this week. I will have to be after 2 so my husband is gone he is still holding out hope but I am worried about shorty I'm afraid to wait till the last minute. He is already upset that I got rid of some of our furniture. But shorty is mine not his. I wanna do what's best for him.
Ok, just let me know and we will make arraignments.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Your tortoise is definitely going to a great home. So glad to see him going to an experienced forum member!

MoniqueB

Ogden, UT
Hello,
I am in desperate need to find a home for shorty. We are losing out house and have no clue where we will end up I have 90 days to figure everything out. I do not want to just post him on a public sale site. I need him to go to an experienced care taker so I know he will be properly cared for.. he is over a year and alert, curios, and a good eater a very good eater. He likes to dig in mud and fill his water dish with dirt. He comes over to me when I talk to him and likes when I scratch his shell. Idk if he can feel it but he seems to enjoy the attention. If you know of anyone in Ohio close to Toledo or Holland could you please let me know. I hate to do this but feel I have no alternative.
Where are you located?