Dandelion variety???

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctrin13th

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I've read a lot of articles about sulcata diet and every one of them includes dandelion in their list. Having that in mind, I thought it's one of the favorites.
I want variation in my sulcata's diet and finding out his favorites is my goal.
However, here where I live, I can't find a dandelion. The closest weed I can find to a dandelion is this(attached image).

Is it a dandelion? I've tried to feed my sulcata some and he eagerly munch on it.

Attachments

• weed.JPG
    weed.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 40

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I'm not sure how many members on here have experiences of native Philippines plants.

It certainly doesn't look like a dandelion.

To some extent you are going to have to trust your tortoise. In the wild, they make their own decisions about what is edible and are out there with lots of things are poisonous. They survive and thrive.

My TGG has free roaming over my entire garden and I don't bother to pull up everything that could harm him. He just ignores them. He's been part of our family for over 40 years and his choices have lead to a wonderfully smooth shell and, apart from a blip this spring, a healthy tortoise... and occasionally frustrated humans who watch a beautiful new plant in the garden disappearing down the tortoise's throat!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
no clue what that is, but if you Google dandilion weed.. you will get pictures. variety is the kepy, wether it includes that or not. :)

doctrin13th

5 Year Member
Philippines
I just thought it is a variety of dandelion.
That attached weed carries the the same dandelion's pluffy seeds that fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.