Damned DUCKS!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
This is probably a south Florida problem. But I have an issue with ducks.
More specifically with ducks pooping all over my porch.
We do not feed them. Are not kind to them. We chase them away and throw things at them. But, they keep returning to spray their disease ridden poop all over my front porch.
Any ideas what I can do? Other than Googling duck recipes?
I placed the bench inside my garage. Convinced that they liked the shade it provided. And it worked for just one day.
This morning they returned.
I'm getting very annoyed.
I do not want to harm them. And frankly, I'm not sure that even that would deter them. They're as stupid as they are stubborn.
Don't now if this has been suggested.
Up in Michigan the geese would crap on our dock. We put a blow-up snake on the dock. It was made for that reason.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't hate them.
But I sure dislike them.
And I dislike hosing their crap off every night after work
I don't really either. It was funny when I got a kiss off by my last baby duck I raised. I raised a bunch of Mallards that time. I was kinda offended at first but now I see how blessed I was.😉🦆🤗

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I never tried this and am sure I never will. I was told if you feed alka-selzer to a goose. Since a goose can't regurgitate. The stomach will burst.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
If true maybe a duck is the same??????

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I never tried this and am sure I never will. I was told if you feed alka-selzer to a goose. Since a goose can't regurgitate. The stomach will burst.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
If true maybe a duck is the same??????

Boo. Don't like. I vote for blow up snake...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok just googled the alka-selzer thing. The stomachs won't burst. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm a 6'2" 265 pound predator and I don't scare them at all.
Those ducks decided they like you 😉poor you 😭 you might be able to lure them to a different spot. But then you'll have a rescue for Muscovy ducks. I'm glad they like you because if they don't they aren't nice. I was dealing with one that didn't like me. He pecked me close to my eye and it left a mark for years..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
BIG SNAKE
I've seen two large white birds in Florida carry a large snake home for dinner and there was nothing the snake could do about it. They were flying along together carrying a big snake between the two. Snakes are afraid of geese also. Even big snakes will get the heck out of dodge if geese are watching over them. But yes snakes will steal an egg so that's why birds won't put up with a snake.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've seen two large white birds in Florida carry a large snake home for dinner and there was nothing the snake could do about it. They were flying along together carrying a big snake between the two. Snakes are afraid of geese also. Even big snakes will get the heck out of dodge if geese are watching over them. But yes snakes will steal an egg so that's why birds won't put up with a snake.
I'm 100% sure that these guys will crap all over my TEMU inflatable snake

SarahJoy

Augusta georgia
LOL. OK! I was referring to a big fake snake.. I'm obviously out of my league here... y'all figure it out.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm 100% sure that these guys will crap all over my TEMU inflatable snake
What was crazy is the two flew over the top of my car for a really long way (miles) with that snake dangling between the two. They were working together for dinner. It was crazy but so cool to see something like that. I felt sad for the snake but that's nature. I'm sure a plastic snake would make some birds think twice though until they figured it out. That would be funny to watch.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
What was crazy is the two flew over the top of my car for a really long way (miles) with that snake dangling between the two. They were working together for dinner. It was crazy but so cool to see something like that. I felt sad for the snake but that's nature. I'm sure a plastic snake would make some birds think twice though until they figured it out. That would be funny to watch.
I'm pretty convinced that ducks. At least these ducks. Don't use any logic or common sense. I'm not sure about instincts either.
They just seem plain STUPID