Cuttle bone contamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
I got a cuttle bone and put it in my Russian tortoise terrarium and he didn't even notice it -_- So is it ok to put in my Leo Terrarium now? Or will it make him sick.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good question. I can't help you but will be interesting to know what others say. I think it would be fine. But do not take my opinion, just giving my guess.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I wouldn't. I heard a herp vet speak about torts and disease and he said Russians can be carriers of a herpes virus.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
get one for each. some won't touch it for a long time, then one day they will...
maybe microwave it to /clean it'

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't give up on your Russian eating it so soon. I gave my tort her bone (broken into many pieces and strewn about the tank because she is still little) months ago and she literally only started eating it yesterday. But now she is chowing down!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
When I rescued my Russian Ophelia, she didnt know what a cuttlebone was at 7 years of age. But after a short time, she took to munching on them. Some torts will some torts wont. Give it time and maybe he will decide to eat on it. And I wouldnt give it to another tort after its been in with him. They are cheap enough to not bother share'n with another. Good luck! :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
cemmons12 said:
When I rescued my Russian Ophelia, she didnt know what a cuttlebone was at 7 years of age. But after a short time, she took to munching on them. Some torts will some torts wont. Give it time and maybe he will decide to eat on it. And I wouldnt give it to another tort after its been in with him. They are cheap enough to not bother share'n with another. Good luck! :)

Ok

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
cemmons12 said:

But remember. I'm 12 and I literally only have $12.00 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.