Croaking sound and cracking mouth sound

Tortellini5

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Monica, CA
Hello,

Today I am concerned with tort I took him out of his enclosure and offered him a succulent he took one bite and then did not want to eat the rest even though I kept hand offering it. He began to make these snapping/cracking mouth sound. He kept walking and started to walk with a slight tilting while opening his mouth making sounds. Scared me so I took him for a bath where he continued to make some loudish noises, one almost like a hiccup sound, and then he settled as far as the noise making and pooped. He got back to his enclosure and ate like nothing happened he is basking now and I can still hear he makes certain sounds. Not sure if that is bad or normal as I normally don’t hear every sound he makes on a daily basis when I am working. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas of what the potential issue is.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
What sort of succulent - any spines on it?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Here’s a photo I don’t think this has spines. What do you think?
Doesn't seem to have any - maybe he just bit off more than he could chew.
Has he eaten it before?

Tortellini5

Santa Monica, CA
Doesn't seem to have any - maybe he just bit off more than he could chew.
Has he eaten it before?
Yes he has had it before and did not have any issues that I noted. I found it strange that he made noises, did not want to continue eating it, and that he walked a little funny afterwards like uncomfortable :/