Crested--what does your moist hide look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Hi everyone w/cresties.
What does your moist hide look like? This winter, I spray quite a bit for the 2 terrariums each with a male crestie especially with the heater in the room drying out the tank. It's a constant chase of keeping the temp in 70s and then making sure it doesn't get too dried out. I'm not sure if going under the paper substrate helps them to keep the humidity ideal, or one may have picked up this habit from another recently, but during the day, rather than hanging out high on the branches or being stuck on the glass behind the fake plants (which they did for over a year), they are both independently hiding under the newspaper substrate. I used to use natural substrate but I found paper to be easier to clean and easier for them to hunt for the crickets. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. They don't go into where I thought would go as moist hide with store-bought resin structure and a water bowl nearby. It doesn't get too bright in the room where they are at even during the day. They come out w/out fail at night time to eat and hang out w/better vantage point. Does any of yours do that, or do they hang out in their favorite hide during the day?

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Okay, gecko peeps,
Jules still hides under the paper during the day. That's just how he'll be, he's a private guy, but Hans is back on glass with the cluster of plastic plants exposing himself of ventral side to any viewer. I think I'll make a little spot on the ground with Sphagnum moss to see if they'll like it better (though they're both boys). They are out and about on the branches by the evening so I guess it's really nothing to worry about. I just wondered about the hide situation for everyone who has crested. Thanks for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.