!First Shed Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Okay...Okay. I think my leopard gecko is going into his first shed. We have had him four months exactly, we adopted him on June 4th. He is still really young.

I think his first shed because he is acting really strange and is in his moist hide. By strange I mean he is really, really still, but he is breathing.

Okay, let me back up. We got him a moist hide a few weeks ago with some humidity absorbant moss stuff. (it is supposed to stay pretty moist with regular mistings) It is supposed to help with shedding. He hasn't ever touched it since we put it in.

Now all of a sudden he is in it, acting all still, and I think the skin around his eyes is getting a little bit flaky and it is really white.

It could be my imagination, because his one hide that is made up of pieces of rocks somewhat had a roof cave in, he could still go in and out and not get hurt. He may have found a better hang out spot.

Is it just my imagination, or is he shedding? If he is, anything that I should do?

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
Okay, false alarm. I don't think he is shedding. I think it was just because of the bad lighting I had that I thought it was white and flaky, he was normal.

I let my imagination get to me. He can go into the moist hide whenever he wants, he just did it the first time today because his other hide (as I said) got jostled around.

He came out as soon as I dropped the crickets in.

But, just curious, anything that I would need if he did have his first shed?

Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know about geckos, but when my beardie shaded, I just would spray him more often, but left him alone and my Uro, I spray him once, when he is almost done and the last bits don't seem to want to shed off and start looking really dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.