Crazy temps!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've been adding protection to my outdoor pens because of recent Hawk sightings and the fact that its been in the low 60s as a high for a week or more.
Yesterday it was 83 degrees.
I don't see this crazy crap going on anywhere else in the country.
This morning, every fish (That I could net to bring inside) and tortoise went back outside.
For how long? Who knows.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Today in my corner of the world we have had sun, rain, sleet, snow, hail with thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure; the day temps were no higher than 4'C but feeling much colder because of the freezing high winds. It has been very weird weather and I've been waiting for the plague of locusts but its probably too cold for them!

I'm not really a hot weather person but I can't wait for the higher temps to let Lola out into the garden - think it will be a while yet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do feel for you warm weather dwellers getting these cold temps. It's normal for us that we are always prepared for it and it's not as cold for us as it is you. Even when our temps are way lower then you will probably ever get. Hang in there, it will pass for you much faster then for us

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
A high of 5 today and a low of -7 with windchills of -20. I'm with you, tired of these crazy temps. Much too late in the year to be this cold.

Turtlepete

South Florida
The worst I've ever experienced was -30's, with a windchill a lot lower….The kind of cold that makes you ache in your bones. I love living in Florida, so much….Haha ;) More than ready to be done with this winter.

Mavrik

I believe at one point last week, it was colder in NE Ohio than it was in Antarctica. I am so over this weather, though my tortoises are worshiping their heat lamps.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
I've been adding protection to my outdoor pens because of recent Hawk sightings and the fact that its been in the low 60s as a high for a week or more.
Yesterday it was 83 degrees.
I don't see this crazy crap going on anywhere else in the country.
This morning, every fish (That I could net to bring inside) and tortoise went back outside.
For how long? Who knows.

Hopefully it's all warm from here on out.
What kind of fish?

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
I'd be happy with any thing other than wind and rain atm. its been none stop for 3 days. we have floods every where and we cant walk on the garden never mind putting the tort out lol. lets hope for a decent summer.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
CharlieM, I have some blue Talapia in a fish pond. Rescued from a live tank in a Chinese restaurant.
My Koi and Goldfish love the cold.
I actually have several very large Cichlids purchased from Chinese grocery stores.
Some are quite colorful.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'd be happy with any thing other than wind and rain atm. its been none stop for 3 days. we have floods every where and we cant walk on the garden never mind putting the tort out lol. lets hope for a decent summer.
I've always wanted to visit England. I got talked into a trip to Japan a few years ago. That trip will have to wait.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
I'm on the cumbrian coast right on the edge of the lake district. its a beautiful place to live but it makes for some crazy weather patterns lol. we have floods here but 20 mins drive away they have a ft of snow.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
It's been crazy here in TX too. It was 80 on Sunday and the high yesterday was 43 and it right at freezing this morning.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today in my corner of the world we have had sun, rain, sleet, snow, hail with thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure; the day temps were no higher than 4'C but feeling much colder because of the freezing high winds. It has been very weird weather and I've been waiting for the plague of locusts but its probably too cold for them!

I'm not really a hot weather person but I can't wait for the higher temps to let Lola out into the garden - think it will be a while yet.

Looks like maybe all you were missing was fog. Br-r-r-r