Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
Nay said:
BrookB,
wow I hadn't seen yor girl before. I just can't stop looking at her. It is so pronounced! (I know it wasn't your doing)
Now did she have MBD also, or was it just pyramided?
Not that I have alot of experience with it, but dosen't that make a 'dip' in the shell?
Bizarre. and kudos to you.
Sarah, hold tight, you never know when you may get the call. help please take him.
Nay

She has MBD but it is not showing any more.. she looks the same but she is gaining weight like crazy and she has no dip in her shell.. she looks messed up but that dosn't change her attitude ;)

tyrs4u said:
#WoW! That's an amazing photo, & Bertha is gorgeous.... Poor little thing & her shell, but I'm the same way I cannot stop staring. I don't think I've ever seen them that pronounced... But I bet you got her in the best of health now & you two must be happy with one another :)

Yes very happy and getting healthier by the day..

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Well I very nicely told her that he's in rough shape, I'm sure she did the best she could, included a pic of a smooth, happy Sully. Told her "I'm not being mean, I would really like to help" Her response?
"Well, for a $100 bucks you can help"
I asked her to keep me in mind...
Ugh.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Ugh people like that really make me mad as hell

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm feeling guilty...I really, really hope he gets a great home.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
If you really want to "rescue" a tortoise, why not buy one in great shape, and "rescue" it from being sold to someone who won't give it the same care you would. You have no way of knowing whether or not your purchase of this one won't simply make room for the seller to replace it with a new one or two. If they are unable to sell it, maybe they'll learn something. I recently saw an ad for 20 sulcatas for $400.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
dmmj said:
Tortoises are not considered less worthy, just that there is no uniform care guidelines like dogs and cats and horses. To be honest I personally would not want some bureaucrat coming in and judging whether or not I am a good keeper.

I agree with this 100%, I'd be very subtle in pointing out husbandry issues as a bargaining chip for a reduced price.

Pugsandkids, you can't beat yourself up for trying! You didn't do this to the tortoise and it seems their primary interests are financial. I hope someone can get that poor thing out of there soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.