Could it be?

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
There's my little bubba. He likes the paper towels. There's leaves in there also he hid under them all night last night til this morning. Had to give him a bigger area to walk around In; he kept flipping over.. his yolk sac is flat on his tummy now. Just a little bit left to be absorbed and he's done [emoji846] he's doing so great. Eyes wide open and running [emoji3526] IMG_20190909_102304812.jpeg
Also it seems like he has eaten some lettuce.. he has some stuck to his chin [emoji4][emoji38]

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hey guys so I have bubba a big box to walk around since he keeps flipping himself over in the smaller one . Now he keeps flipping over in the big one.. how do I keep this little guy on his feet? He's doing great besides that. He's in the incubator still until his belly heals fully. Anybody with any idea please comment below[emoji116]i feel so bad for my little guy cuz he can't get himself righted yet.. I tried keeping him in a bowl to rest but he won't have it.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hey all, bubba is doing swell! 5 days old now [emoji4]yolk sac is gone. He's going to go Into his enclosure tomorrow. I went and got some black dirt and leaves and grass and plants to plant in there for him to hide in[emoji3526] not liking my choice of water dish yet.. was gonna just put a little area of water but decided against it cuz he's so small. Water dish is a plate but it is very slanted and I don't like it. Going to find something different so he doesn't tip. Also putting rocks in the bottom of the water dish so he has something to grip to to get in and out. Will post pictures of finished enclosure in a little while after I finish [emoji3526] I think he will love it. I bought some romaine hearts also and he has shown interest in it. Ran right over to the food and gave it a sniff [emoji3526] anybody have anymore suggestions for his enclosure?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For box turtle baby's waterer I like to use a more or less 'flat' saucer from a set of cup and saucer, then I place some small pebbles across the bottom of the saucer. After the saucer is sunk down level with the substrate, it's a pretty safe place for baby box turtles.

waterer with pebbles.jpg

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
For box turtle baby's waterer I like to use a more or less 'flat' saucer from a set of cup and saucer, then I place some small pebbles across the bottom of the saucer. After the saucer is sunk down level with the substrate, it's a pretty safe place for baby box turtles.

View attachment 280323
Oh thank you Yvonne! That looks perfect [emoji4] will be sinking the plate farther into the dirt so it's easier to access for the little fella. Will post pictures to find any errors I missed.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
He came out. Just went to check again and show my nephew he was starting to hatch and he was out cruising around his little bowl. Omg can't believe he did it all so fast. His belly looks great yolk is about the size of a pea. But he's cruising around on damp paper towels. [emoji7] Better pictures soon!View attachment 280199
HOORAAAAYYYY!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

So are you figuring his Birthday, I mean- Hatch Day- from when he STARTED or from when he was finally OUT??? :):<3::<3::<3:

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Bubba is doing great guys. Haven't seen anything happening with the other eggs. One definitely still has veins and a big baby. The others I'm not sure about I can't see much.. bubba loves his new enclosure. He loves hiding in the water under the leaves [emoji1] The majority of the time he sits there watching me. He is very curious. Here is a picture of him sleeping on my chest. He was staring at me through the tank and I picked him up and put him on my chest and he laid his head down and went to sleep. He is just adorable [emoji7]IMG_20190912_150454057.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Bubba is doing great guys. Haven't seen anything happening with the other eggs. One definitely still has veins and a big baby. The others I'm not sure about I can't see much.. bubba loves his new enclosure. He loves hiding in the water under the leaves [emoji1] The majority of the time he sits there watching me. He is very curious. Here is a picture of him sleeping on my chest. He was staring at me through the tank and I picked him up and put him on my chest and he laid his head down and went to sleep. He is just adorable [emoji7]View attachment 280410
So adorable !

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Isn't he? trying to bond with him . Not sure if he likes me or I'm just a warm place to sleep.. [emoji848] I did this to Elvis to when he was a tiny hatchling. I'm not sure if turtles have emotions but I like to think I made some bonds with them.
Probably a mix of the warmth and being scared shi.less lol

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Bubba is doing great guys. Haven't seen anything happening with the other eggs. One definitely still has veins and a big baby. The others I'm not sure about I can't see much.. bubba loves his new enclosure. He loves hiding in the water under the leaves [emoji1] The majority of the time he sits there watching me. He is very curious. Here is a picture of him sleeping on my chest. He was staring at me through the tank and I picked him up and put him on my chest and he laid his head down and went to sleep. He is just adorable [emoji7]View attachment 280410

Awwwwww!!!!! [emoji173]️ SOOO sweet!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Doesn't have the ridge down the back they usually have and it's extremely dark. I don't think box turtles have tails that long either. Are the feet webbed? Have you tried putting it in some water to see if it can swim?

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Yes I was thinking he looked odd for a box turtle.. he does spend alot of time in his water.. he sleeps in the water sometimes and yes I guess I would say he has webbedish feet.