Coughing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta, GA
Both today and yesterday my 4 1/2 inch red foot has been "coughing," where she withdraws her head into her shell with a kind of clicking sound, and then extends it, over and over, once rubbing her head on the substrate. I noticed it start after she ate some banana yesterday. Is she choking?

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Atlanta, GA
i think so. she sleeps a lot during the day, but when i set her down next to her freshly-filled food dish she gobbles it down. she hasn't otherwise moved about much lately. i may just not be catching her at the right times though.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would think that if all of her other "normals" are in check, she may just have had a moment....just keep an eye (well, an ear out) for her over the next couple/few days and you should be able to tell if she is really having an issue or not.... :D

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Atlanta, GA
She's in my dad's care for the weekend, unfortunately :/ but I'll be sure to keep a good eye (or ear) on her once I get back. Thanks for the reply :)

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Atlanta, GA
snoozing in the water dish? is that normal? she was still there when the lights went out for the night, but i took her out so she wouldn't drown.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Perfectly normal....my old man LOVES to lay in the water and "rest his eyes" so I always make sure to take the water up to where his chin rests on his horn so he can soak and sleep....it is so adorable....

Good job on the soaking....keep up the good work :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My RF maynard loves to spend so much time in his water bowl I am starting to suspect he is part water turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.