correct temp insiide a sullie outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
ok so i've finally got the winter house up and running for my sullie. i layed the floor with vinyl and sealed and water proofed all the nooks and crannies. so this is as tight and insulated as its going to be. i noticed this morning that the temp inside the enclosure was about 92 degrees. i left the CHE lamp on all night. i was wondering if this was too hot. and should i leave the CHE on 24 hours a day. or should i turn it off in the daytime. i live in southern ca. so daytime temp is in the mild 70's

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Johnny:

I like to keep the ambient temp between 75 and 80, but there is also a place where they can get hotter than that.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
You can put the CHE on a thermostat or on a dimmer switch to regulate output....

If you put a dimmer on it.. Just build it in a double gang metal wall box with its own pigtail to plug into an existing outlet...

Or I believe big apple herp sells a nice thermostat... I had a few a few yrs back and they worked great keeping the temp steady..

M

Maggie Cummings

I would put the CHE on a thermostat and have it lower in the day time. I keep Bob's shed at 85 degrees for the ambient temp. I think 92 is kinda warm...

johnnysd

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
I would put the CHE on a thermostat and have it lower in the day time. I keep Bob's shed at 85 degrees for the ambient temp. I think 92 is kinda warm...
jwhere can i get one and how do i intall it. can i buy it at home depot? or petco?

Status
Not open for further replies.