Cornsnake and new Honduran Milksnake

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Went to a reptile show in PA a couple of weeks ago. The main purpose was to get our cornsnake sexed. Turns out Ekans is a girl! We knew she was an albino, but learned she was a reverse okeetee. We had people wanting to buy her and an offer to mate her.

100_0681.jpg

We of course end up bring home another snake. An albino Tangerine Honduran Milksnake. He is so gorgeous we couldn't pass him up.Not to mention he has a very sweet disposition. This is Spitfire.

100_1287.jpg

They seem to be very interested in each other.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
For a second is thought I was going to see a picture of a milkSHAKe. :p shoot I must be hungry

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Gorgeous snakes, both of them! I especially love your corn. Fantastic example of an RO.

Your comment about them being interested in each other... Are they housed together? If yes, be very careful and consider separating them. Snakes are not social. Another snake is just competition... Or, under the right conditions, food. And milk snakes are one group that are especially prone to cannibalism.

If I misunderstood, sorry, you're welcome to ignore me... lol. Just wanted to get it said, just in case. :)

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Floof said:
Gorgeous snakes, both of them! I especially love your corn. Fantastic example of an RO.

Your comment about them being interested in each other... Are they housed together? If yes, be very careful and consider separating them. Snakes are not social. Another snake is just competition... Or, under the right conditions, food. And milk snakes are one group that are especially prone to cannibalism.

If I misunderstood, sorry, you're welcome to ignore me... lol. Just wanted to get it said, just in case. :)

Thank you. No they are not housed together. When they are out together Ekans the cornsnake gets really active and tries wrapping herself around him. We do keep them separate. Someone did suggest to us that they make interesting hybrids, but that is not a consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.