Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
barbie69 said:
Care is about equal(different temps but not more care than a corn) but they have a totally different personality. Hoggies are so cool and funny, they hiss and act like little cobra's but I have never been bit by one or even nipped at. They are a bit more intimidating because they hiss but it is usually just a show. They are also known to be more difficult to get started feeding due to their small size as hatchlings..but once they are feeding they are , well hoggies! lol They are shorter and fatter than a corn and they feel totally different too. Definately a very cool little snake!!
My girls do not handle the hoggies, they are a little nervous to pick them up:rolleyes:. They handle the cornsnakes all the time and have no problem going in and getting them out by themselves:p.

Thank you so much for the comparison. My dad wants us to give a hognose or a bullsnake a try. I am used to the corns easygoing temperament, so its hard to imagine having that to rely on.
Thank you again:D

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Heh too funny. I also have a nice pair of coming 2 year old Baja Cape Gophers for sale at the moment. lol (same family as Bulls)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
JustAnja said:
Heh too funny. I also have a nice pair of coming 2 year old Baja Cape Gophers for sale at the moment. lol (same family as Bulls)

No way! Okay, I would also be in the market for a small dog and cat who will not trigger my husbands allergies and asthma...do you have a couple perhaps;)

I will look into what a Baja Cape Gopher is???

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
cvalda said:
You guys are creeping me out! Why'd I even look?!? :p

That what I would have said 10 years ago too;)
Kelly, Come to the dark side...:p

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well my best friend does raise Chinese Crested dogs, which are mostly hairless and some only have a few tufts of hair on top of their heads. ;) Those might be good for your hubby with allergies. hehe

As far as cat, Sphynx Cats are about your safest best since they dont have hair at all. :p They are pretty cool cats and If I was going to have a cat it would probably be one of those since I hate cat hair getting on everything. lol

Here are pics of the Cape Gophers. They are one of the most stunning species of Gophers/Bulls in my opinion.

6f43016d.jpg

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I am going to just jot you down as my personal consultant on everything;)
Are the Chinese Cresteds yappy?

That snake is AMAZING!!!
What is her temperament like vs the corns?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Crested tend to be a little more quiet than other small, yappy type dogs.

All Bulls/Gophers are quite hissy and can be a bit snappy until they are handled more and settle down. My 2 are pretty hissy, I dont handle my snakes very often. We have over 200 snakes and Ive never been one to think I needed to walk around with a snake around my neck. Especially since 90% of my snakes are always venomous. ;) The Gophers DO settle down with handling daily.

(Ive had almost any kind of pet imaginable, also grew up on a farm so definitely had plenty of livestock.)

Here is my pretty little Bobcat I had, unfortunately due to divorce and having to give up my mini-farm she went to TX to live.
beca5b45.jpg

Here is a little Opossum I raised as an orphan.
b4d1d359.jpg

:)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thank you for the information. I will have to do some research on the pups:)
And I appreciate the help in all areas you have provided so graciously...it is fun to find someone with such a diverse background and collection of experiences to share.

Beautiful cat! Is the opossum still with you? Very sweet:)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Sadly no, Linus went to the same home in TX as Isis the Bobcat. I left the mini-farm and moved into a small duplex with my kiddos and 3 dogs, plus a few snakes. I sold my horses, my pig, gave away my Bobcat and the Possum.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Oh wow Anja, Isis is beautiful!!! WHat a cool diverse collection of animals you have had and still have!! I am so jealous!!:p

Just dont forget me when the little hypo lavenders start to pip;), I would be so excited to have one of those pretty snakes!!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I am sorry to hear:( What a big change for you all.
(I love the name Linus...very sweet.)

Have a good day...and thank you again:)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Its OK really, this was our second time trying the marriage thing together. Stupid on my part to think it would work the second time. ;)

He was named Linus because when I brought him home from over at my friends house where she found him at the edge of her barn being scared silly by her dogs barking at him, he grabbed on to a small towel as if it was his mom so it reminded me of the Peanut's character Linus. :D He used to sleep in my hair at the back of my neck while I worked. hehe

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
It's one of those times when you have to say at least you tried:)

Status
Not open for further replies.