Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monika

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi,
I often look at my Herman and wonder if she is happy or if she would like company in form of another Herman. My partner thinks that I have got the tortoise bug and will end up a little old lady with 50 tortoises around me.
Are Herman's happy by themselves or do they prefer company?
Thank you
Monika
Proud owner of Valerie the Herman.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Monika, most torts are solitary animals. We "the human animal" tends to put human feelings and or emotions on other animals. Your Herman would be fine alone I'm sure if it is a female and you want another and no eggs get another female. If it is a male another male may be agressive when they come of age. Just some things to think about. Then again if you want eggs and she is a she get a male.
Oh, and what's wrong with being a little old lady with 50 or 100 torts around you? Sounds heavenly to me. :D

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, CA
Monika said:
Hi,
I often look at my Herman and wonder if she is happy or if she would like company in form of another Herman. My partner thinks that I have got the tortoise bug and will end up a little old lady with 50 tortoises around me.
Are Herman's happy by themselves or do they prefer company?
Thank you
Monika
Proud owner of Valerie the Herman.

She should be OK by herself and get a male only if you want to breed her. But like Robyn said male would be aggressive and "attacked" your female.

Status
Not open for further replies.