Oyster shell substrate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monika

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi
i have bought some oyster shell to give my herman some different consistencies whilst she is indoors. So she has part woodship and part oyster shell. She likes walking through her water dish which means she gets wet underneath she than walks on the oyster shell which sticks to her legs and underneath her. Could this make her sore?
Thank you
Monika

puredevonian

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Monika said:
Hi
i have bought some oyster shell to give my herman some different consistencies whilst she is indoors. So she has part woodship and part oyster shell. She likes walking through her water dish which means she gets wet underneath she than walks on the oyster shell which sticks to her legs and underneath her. Could this make her sore?
Thank you
Monika
Hi Monika,
not too sure if it will make her sore but I'm wincing just of the thought of me walking on it bare foot.

Monika

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have changed my mind and have taken it out. It was stuck all over her.
Thanks
Monika

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I just have to ask.. and hope this isn't considered a rude Q?

Where did you get the idea of oyster shell substrate?

nerd

Monika

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Redfoot NERD said:

nerd

I read it somwhere on the internet. But than I have read that much, that I possibly confused myself. Which is easily done.lol
Monika

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Monika said:
Redfoot NERD said:

nerd

I read it somwhere on the internet. But than I have read that much, that I possibly confused myself. Which is easily done.lol
Monika

That's what reading on the internet will do.. it's notorious for confusing.. and often downright absurd.

Glad you got it right.. I'm sure your Hermann is.

nerd

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Oyster shell substrate and hemp?

Hi there

yes I've bought some broken oyster shells that was sold to me as a substrate from a well known retailer of tortoise related stuff here in the UK. I didn't find it any use and threw it out after a few weeks.

There is a debate going on over here as well about dried hemp. This was being heavily promoted as a substrate and many of us have been using it for the past few years, but now there are doubts about it. Lots of keepers have decided not to use it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.