Color Changing Diamondback Terrapins

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
The number one reason i like diamondback terrapins if for their color and patterns. Compared to other species they can change so much from when they hatch. You can honestly never guess what they will hatch out looking like or even what their colors will be as adults sometimes.

Here are three of my 2013 hatchlings at 6months old. Turtles growths are: DBT#One: 3.6 DBT#Two: 3.1 DBT#Three: 2.6

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
SOOOOOO beautiful!!!! DBT are one of my dream torts...:)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Those last two have a rare fungus that causes.. what's called.. "bleached-outism" and only I have the cure - you need to send them to me ASAP!!!

Once again Father GOD's beautiful creation!

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Redfoot NERD said:
Those last two have a rare fungus that causes.. what's called.. "bleached-outism" and only I have the cure - you need to send them to me ASAP!!!

Yes, some more if His beautiful creation! I am falling in love with these turtles and adding them to my dream list :D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Terrapins never get enough love. They are bad to the bone!

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Redfoot NERD said:

Haha good one. Im going to have to use this. I saw you were looking for females. Last two specially the slightly darker one looks like its gonna be male.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Diamondbacks4Life said:
Redfoot NERD said:

Haha good one. Im going to have to use this. I saw you were looking for females. Last two specially the slightly darker one looks like its gonna be male.

Too small to tell.. probly! I can use a male.. you think they are both males? Trade?

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Im getting a strong vibe this is s male, at least its tail is starting to look likes its dropping. The northern is bigger but tail is smaller then this one. So really pushing for a male. The other one is giving me that vibe too. Sorry i need these more then anything if they are males. If they were females i was going to sell them. I have 12 females, and just 1 concentric male and he's just a juvi. So im hurting for good looking concentric males.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1392984052.506780.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
I may be able to help you with finding males..you have email from me.. I intend to advertise here soon.

Terry