COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hi y'all...a busy time here in the Oregon Rain Forest. I've had pleurisy for about a month...yesterday and the day before we've had a heat wave (of 2 daze) reached 78 and today it's back to rain and 68 degrees...this is what happened in my garden while I was being sick inside...100_2566.JPG100_2568.JPG100_2561.JPG100_2571.JPG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi y'all...a busy time here in the Oregon Rain Forest. I've had pleurisy for about a month...yesterday and the day before we've had a heat wave (of 2 daze) reached 78 and today it's back to rain and 68 degrees...this is what happened in my garden while I was being sick inside...View attachment 345523View attachment 345524View attachment 345525View attachment 345526
Sorry you've been ill Maggie but hoping you're on the way to making a full recovery.
Lovely flowers to welcome you back to your garden.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all.
I've had a few issues with posting on TFO this week, not sure why but all seems to be resolved now.

We are in the middle of our 70 year Platinum Jubilee celebrations for HRH....lots of pomp and ceremony in London as you can imagine. Last night beacons were lit around the country. Yesterday we had the trooping of the colour, and this morning a service at St Paul's neither of which were/are attended by the Queen - at 96 she suffers with mobility issues so delegates a lot to Prince Charles now. We did see her on the balcony of Buckingham Palace though for the fly past.
View attachment 345513
Yesterday and today are bank holidays - the usual spring bank holiday Monday was moved this year so that with the extra Jubilee BH it means that some people can have a 4 day weekend - apparently the pubs are doing well 🍻

Weather wise it's been mainly dry and bright this week.
I hope you've all had a good week!
My morning news station and I are celebrating with you.😊 they can't get enough of her party thank God. I get to not see too 🙏 looks like a lot of fun.🥰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
PS hopefully he'll make a very generous donation to the rescue!!
Yes 🙏. I've seen videos of them doing stuff with Hope in the wild. That's one of my favorite Saturday morning TV shows.😊 It was fun the first time I got to see folly on my show... Come to find out that's where Joe's mum volunteers 🥰😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My morning news station and I are celebrating with you.😊 they can't get enough of her party thank God. I get to not see too 🙏 looks like a lot of fun.🥰
Everybody over on this side of the pond is saying that little Prince Louis stole the show 😂

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Our road had a platinum jubilee celebration yesterday afternoon - just as well because the weather has turned very stormy since!

We have a shared drive and front lawn with 2 neighbours which made for a suitably large area for picknicking while the children made their own entertainment between food refuelling stops. Her Majesty stopped by :D
D1F6D24B-8402-4CFB-AA81-3B1EC923BD73.jpeg

Johnny Depp signed some items for us to sell for rescue funds and the first is on eBay now. It’s already at £256 with 6 days left to go! The press interest has been overwhelming, but if it raises desperately needed money then it’s all good!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. Our road had a platinum jubilee celebration yesterday afternoon - just as well because the weather has turned very stormy since!

We have a shared drive and front lawn with 2 neighbours which made for a suitably large area for picknicking while the children made their own entertainment between food refuelling stops. Her Majesty stopped by :D
View attachment 345549

Johnny Depp signed some items for us to sell for rescue funds and the first is on eBay now. It’s already at £256 with 6 days left to go! The press interest has been overwhelming, but if it raises desperately needed money then it’s all good!
Cool. One of my favorite TV shows on CBS has featured them a couple of times. (In the past few years.) Looks like word is getting out for them.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Not the best picture, sun rising, but many hummers spotted at the feeders this morning.

View attachment 345550
I am amazed at how many bird species I have in my garden this year - usually just sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and robins , but now I also have a pair of collard doves and woodpigeons, blue *its - who I usually only see in the winter - and for the first time ever gold finches, it's costing me a fortune in bird food!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 345549

Also, that sounds like such a great get together. I'm rooting for the Queen too. I'm betting she'll beat what's his face too as the longest reigning monarch.😊🤗🙏

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
Just finished watching the Jubilee concert outside Buck House - some spectacular moments, others not quite so good, but the crowd there enjoyed it so I bet the atmosphere made up for any shortcomings. The Queen filmed a little sketch with Paddington Bear which was quite funny but she was safely out of earshot in Windsor Castle for the evening; most of the rest of the family were there though but no sign of Harry and Megs and Andrew has been kept well out of the limelight.
Anyway hope you're all having a good weekend, time I was in bed so Nos da see you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Also, that sounds like such a great get together. I'm rooting for the Queen too. I'm betting she'll beat what's his face too as the longest reigning monarch.😊🤗🙏
She's already a record breaker on 2 counts - the oldest ruling monarch in the world and the longest reigning.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes. It’s breaking news. The Daily Mail has the story now and it’s on their MailOnline website now. It’s definitely gone viral!

Hello JoesMum,

One question…….

YOU HAVE A BABY BADGER NAMED AFTER THE GREAT FREDDIE MERCURY!?!?!?!

How FABULOUS!!!😍😍😍😍🥰🥰
(You have to read into the post to find this out)