COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I think you're speaking of the Spanish Flu (which wasn't Spanish) of 1918 to 1919. It is estimated to have killed a minimum of 50 million people. This was H1N1 . It killed more people than the whole of the preceding World War 1 (1914-1918).
Yes it's the one I was speaking of. Depending on what you read gives you the numbers of people hurt and killed by it. I read 20 million in an article. I'm sure you're article is more accurate.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Attachments

• 20200523_183635.jpg
    20200523_183635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200523_132113.jpg
    20200523_132113.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’m home. I ended up going to A&E.
temp is still 38.3. Gone down slightly.
been given meds for headaches. And been told to rest Rest rest.
I’ve had a mouth swab done to check for covid. I get results back tomorrow or Friday.
what ever it is it’s awful.
I’ve had blood work done aswell. As a precaution I’ve been advised to self isolate for 14 days.
Thank you all for the best wishes. I appreciate it ??
Please get well really soon. Hoping and praying your test is negative and yet you have time to recuperate. If it's negative maybe your kids would love to help you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
There’s no capital city of Assyria currently because it doesn’t exist as a country any more.
The capital letter of Assyria is A.
Almost there.
The capital letter thing is probably worth a pretty obvious point, i suppose.
But , more than half of Syria's indigenous proclaim Assyria as an independent country with the capital being Harran, also known as Hellenopolis or Carrhae.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Please get well really soon. Hoping and praying your test is negative and yet you have time to recuperate. If it's negative maybe your kids would love to help you.
I’ll find out tomorrow or Friday.
Fever hasn’t broken. Been told if it goes over 39.5 I’m to go back to hospital.
At moment it’s 38.8
I’ve done nothing but drink water as my throat is so dry.
ive spoke to kids earlier. Told there gran what’s going on and said if test if negative they are coming home.As I’ll go get them by train if I have to

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Clearly I have an odd sense of smell because I happen to like the smell of Gorgonzola and it is so fabulously delicious that maybe I overlook funny smells. There is nothing better than a good strong cheese because it provides amazing flavor and enhancement to any food. Now on the other hand, Durion fruit should go off the planet earth. BlackClearly I have an odd sense of smell because I happen to like the smell of Gorgonzola and it is so fabulously delicious that maybe I overlook funny smells. There is nothing better than a good strong cheese because it provides amazing flavor and enhancement to any food. Now on the other hand, Durian fruit should go off the planet earth. ? I think it smells like dirty feet and armpits.
Does it smell anything like Limburger? I've read that Limburger will actually heal a stomach ulcer. Was also told that by people that swear that it does. And oh my garsh that cheese stinks to high heaven.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I think you're speaking of the Spanish Flu (which wasn't Spanish) of 1918 to 1919. It is estimated to have killed a minimum of 50 million people. This was H1N1 . It killed more people than the whole of the preceding World War 1 (1914-1918).
-10 I already answered it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The hurricane flew by, dropping many Many inches of rain. Wind, damage, destruction here in Maryland. At leat two tornadoes touched down. Luckily, locally we only had a ton (many inches) of rain. My banana took a hit, high winds knocked a few branches down. It will survive. Ive already pruned back a few branches & our Sully will enjoy them for her afternoon snack.

B3D5B66C-251F-4781-B91E-420AF810AE95.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The hurricane flew by, dropping many Many inches of rain. Wind, damage, destruction here in Maryland. At leat two tornadoes touched down. Luckily, locally we only had a ton (many inches) of rain. My banana took a hit, high winds knocked a few branches down. It will survive. Ive already pruned back a few branches & our Sully will enjoy them for her afternoon snack.

View attachment 302389
Glad to hear there’s not too much damage for you