COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Thanks Lyn! These two torts will be well looked after, I'm in the process of building Zvezda's outdoor enclosure before we leave for Stilbaai, and her nightbox, just have to deal with those blasted tropical fire ants that appeared, but it's going strong. Having a leopard and a hingeback is rather far on both spectrums, but luckily both have "easy" diet needs, like SA leopards eat mainly grass and zombensis, mainly store bought mushrooms, (gross simplification).
View attachment 336926View attachment 336927
I'm just wondering about soaking, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there, has Zola graced you with his presence today? I've heard the weathers been ghastly there, I think torts can sense it. With the recent rains here, both my torts slept in their indoor enclosures, for a few days, and only came out to eat
You're lucky you have someone you trust to care for your torts while you're away - I haven't been away in 7 years except for one night in hospital!
Lola has been out and about again today and had a nice long warm soak.
The weather has been terrible in some parts of the UK but fortunately we haven't had any snow in my part of Wales - just the gales of the weekend. I call Lola my walking barometer because he certainly reacts to seasonal and weather changes.
Hope the ants are banished soon - the food grade D/Earth is safe and effective (with UK ants anyway)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Not a bad autumn day here so far.
I had a hospital appointment this morning re knee surgery, so went along expecting/hoping to start the pre assessments for my arthroscopy, only to find that I didn't actually need the appointment because I'd already had a letter, but they thought that rather than cancel it, they'd let me go along anyway ?‍♀️
I didn't have anything else special to do, but I'm no nearer my op and that appointment could have been used for someone else. The mind boggles!
I hope you're all having a good Thursday and see you later.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I had a hospital appointment this morning re knee surgery, so went along expecting/hoping to start the pre assessments for my arthroscopy, only to find that I didn't actually need the appointment because I'd already had a letter, but they thought that rather than cancel it, they'd let me go along anyway ?‍♀️
I didn't have anything else special to do, but I'm no nearer my op and that appointment could have been used for someone else. The mind boggles!

That‘s the medical “system” at work…?‍♂️?‍♂️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes that's crazy to drag you out for nothing since a lot of them are using covid not to see a person in a timely manner.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A bit slow in here, time for another project progress pix…. I know you all just wait for these.

Ok, the bottom is now done, time to flip around & hollow it out. Mr Nutcracker Inspector General seems pleased.

View attachment 336942
Did you plan the grain when you joined the wood? Because it's turning out really neat looking.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nope, not at all. That’s just the grain of an old 2x4…not much grain showing when I kicked this project off.

View attachment 336960
Well... so far it looks like you did. But I guess that's the beauty of pine. I like the circular on one side and the square on another. Wondering if it'll show on the inside too.☺️

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.