COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
When I had my knee done recently the doc drew 2 big arrows - one pointing up to my knee and the other pointing down to it. It made me smile that maybe they needed to make sure they knew exactly where the knee was as well as which knee to do.

or maybe the surgeon was Stevie Wonder?
Accompanied by the anesthesiologist.....
Ray Charles? ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yep, part of what is involved in “surgery prep” aka “surgical skin marking” helps ensure the surgeons & team operate on the correct part of the body. There are specially designed pens out there for this one purpose. I’m sure everyone has heard horror stories about incorrect things being chopped or removed...

➡➡ Purple Surgical Skin Marker Pens allow for the precise marking on skin prior to and during surgery.

thank god for those markers!
Yes, when I was getting surgery I taped a
“Post-it” note on my belly saying,
“PLEASE! No battleships or skull tattoos!”
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
And now for the CDR vacation. Pull up your armadillo, think thoughts of warm weather and higher humidity and head to Singapore on this day in 2020.

We started with a walk round the Singapore Botanic Gardens where we saw the ancestor of every chicken, wild red junglefowl, monitor lizards, turtles (unidentified), orchids.
View attachment 316232
View attachment 316233
View attachment 316237
View attachment 316234

Then went to the newly refurbished Raffles Hotel for the most amazing afternoon tea.
View attachment 316235
View attachment 316236
View attachment 316238

I absolutely loved picture #5!!!
You both look so happy and beautiful!!!
But I must admit..... I would have eaten all of those delicious cakes before my husband got a hand on ONE of them! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Planned for my birthday next month :)

Unlikely ?

She’s been living here since September and, aged 27, we are starting to get on each other’s nerves a bit. It wasn’t her plan to stay so long... just until she was able to get a flat nearer her new office.

She’s chronically untidy and I just couldn’t handle the mess any more. If I try to raise the subject I am accused of shouting at her. If I tidy up I am invading her privacy... even in the lounge. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t keep a super tidy house. But I do put rubbish in bins or the recycling rather than drop it on the floor and I don’t leave shoes and clothes where I took them off and then walk round them for days on end.

At a low moment, after having cleaned the house because my cleaner can’t come, I dumped in a text message to her and JoesDad about wanting them to care about our home, my home, the way I do. Nothing rude. Nothing shouty. Just an appeal from a very sad feeling heart.

Daughter took it personally and ended up sobbing. JoesDad used his best diplomatic skills on the theme that “Mum was bound to snap sooner or later and she chose to text rather than shout this time”. We hugged that evening.

Yesterday was better. She’s absolutely blitzed her room and her brother’s room that she’s using as her home office in his absence. I have been allowed to help by clearing her cr@p from the lounge and dealing with laundry and rubbish shovelled out of her bedroom door onto the landing.

We are communicating again thank goodness. I had a very bad day... I am not right, but I am a lot better.

ok..then.... keep your cool. And when it’s time to visit her new flat..... leave dishes in the sink- put paper in the toilet AMD don’t flush it-and most importantly!!!.....
Leave finger prints on the fridge door!!

I never thought in a million years how crappy we all cared for my mums house growing up... until I got my own.
The very first visit I sat her down and apologized for all the (names specifics) crummy things I left for her to clean...
I broke into tears!
She said it was ok... but till this day I am STILL apologizing!!!
I adore my mum.. ☺️

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
she forgot to tell you... I wrote on the envelope from “Carol” in South Africa!!
??
She NEVER would have opened it if she knew it was from ME! ??
Thank you for lending me your name. ??
She Did post it, however she posted Carol's full address so I had to delete it.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: Kia ora from Auckland, New Zealand! ?? (Brits can google that; it’s not just a juice brand!) Our first views of New Zealand from the plane were lovely ? We collected our hire car, a ginormous automatic Mitsubishi Outlander, and headed for our motel.
9380D245-550B-47C9-A21C-DDBBA6993055.jpegF3613AA8-4D9C-4F46-971F-E41687B856DE.jpeg45F4337E-E9C2-4F8A-B566-BAA71DD6C184.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Another cold Wintry day here. About 24F (-4C) now, but it’s barely going to reach 32f today. Big “snowstorm” expected in our region Sunday through Tuesday, with mostly snow off n on. It’s cold enough for snow, just need the moisture to roll through. A foot or two would be good, more likely just enough to be a nuisance.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
WXRisk is predicting a very powerful noreaster January 31-Februuary 2.Slow storm with lots of precipitation so a huge chance for snow

Yes....I’m thinking here, just West of Annapolis, we’ll get a solid 4-6 inches. Plenty of cold out there - that dreaded rain/snow line comes into play. ❄️❄️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all - Friday again!
It's quite windy but drier today.
It won't last though - heavy rain in tonight and most of tomorrow with some sleet as temps are dropping to about 2C again.
So have to make the most of a dry day while we can.
Have a good day!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
??????????????
A-ha!
I got you!
Do you know I was cleaning the staircase today with a brush (yes I am a clean freak) and Lo and behold... there it was!
A fri**in’ green glitter on the fourth step!!!
I had to laugh!
Oh! .... there’s Maggie again..
I swear I will think of you always seeing the glitter scattered ALL around my house!
But it’s good though...because it makes me think of you INSTANTLY! ?
I wonder if we were neighbors if we would do pranks on each other all the time?
I am so terribly sorry though...
I NEVER meant to scare you into falling.
ESPECIALLY OVER THE CAT!!! ?
God how I am sorry for that!
bad enough you have a broken foot already!
are you ok? Did you strain anything?
Hurt your back??
Cuz if ya did I’d have ta come on out there and take care of ya!!
(I know you wouldn’t like it,)
but if I DID hurt you in any way it would be MY responsibility!!!!
Mary Knobbkins and
I would have a blast in the snow too!!?

now we are fair and square right? ??
Of course we are fair and square, it was a very funny, great job of pay back. It was FREAKIN FUNNY

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That is sooooo great Ray!!!!
You look AWESOME!!!!!
I’m rutting for you!!!!
Keep it up!!!!
What else is there to do during covid!??
You’re gonna get there in no time.
I have faith in you!!!!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
So does everyone on this forum!!
rutting??????? rooting?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
She Did post it, however she posted Carol's full address so I had to delete it.
Please don't tell me that was a real address. I thought it was made-up, so I put the address in cuz it looked so real Carolyn McEvoy, but I knew she made it up, the address added a spot of realism to the whole thing, It seriously, that was the best joke ever played on me

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Please don't tell me that was a real address. I thought it was made-up, so I put the address in cuz it looked so real Carolyn McEvoy, but I knew she made it up, the address added a spot of realism to the whole thing, It seriously, that was the best joke ever played on me

I DID IT!!!!
I did it!!!!! ?????
I got Maggie!!
I got Maggie!!
nee-ner! nee- ner!!!!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

and yes......that was Carol’s address..
Please! Guard it with YOUR LIFE!!!!!
We are not trying to give out peoples info on here....??
Sorryyyyyyyyyy Carol!!!!!! ?