COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I often wonder.....
when we were growing up as kids the rest of my family had bunnies dogs and cats.
My first pet was a gecko ..? ?
and from then on I’ve owned reptiles for the rest of my life !!!
for some reason they just seem to find ME???
And not for nothing ..but
why.... oh whyyyyyy!!!!.......
do I pick the two SLOWEST things on the face of the planet as pets ????
(The one thing I am NOT .... is slow...)
People always tell me to slow down.
Take my time..
I even speak fast?!!!!
I just can’t do it???
You’d have to tie me down in order for me to sit for more than an hour!!
I am ALWAYS about to explode when walking with my tortoise outside.
I am saying to her ..”come on.. come on....
Move yer tooochieee!!”
COME ON DAM IT!! I AM GONNA BE LATE!
?
Then when she looks up at me as if to say...
(Bugs bunny voice).....
“Aaaaahhhh——sshhaaat aaapppp!”
I get down on all fours and tell her I am sorry .. she comes before anything else.. she should take her time I’ll wait.. ?
She has me by the ....s.......... I guess??
1605790590929.png

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well... and that's a deep subject. I don't mind having pets but let's face it!!!! Snails are slimy!!! So I'm hoping toads will eat em. Kinda like a natural deterrent. Otherwise I'll have to give the snails my leftover Miller. Then all the local birds will eat pickled snails. But if toads do like snails as a treat I'll still have to worry about toad turds sooo.?
I couldn't handle a snail or slug because of the slime, ugh!!! But my thoughts are that everything on this earth has it's place in the great scheme of things even if it's just to be part of food chains.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Holy smokes!! My sister just asked me this morning if I would visit her in Alaska.. she is considering a job offer that’s twice her current salary... ???

Salaries are twice as much ‘cause prices in general for most things are high.

➡️➡️ The cost of food in Alaska, especially rural areas, exceeds the national average. As a general rule, the more rural your location, the more you pay for food, particularly fresh fruit and vegetables. Transporting food to isolated areas is expensive, and this cost gets passed to the end consumer.

➡️➡️ Why is Alaska so expensive?
The easy answer is that Alaska is big and sparsely populated, access to many places is difficult and it's far from places where goods are manufactured. Shipping is, therefore, expensive, and it drives up the costs of everything from gasoline to lumber to finished consumer goods. Hence, everything is more expensive.

So, before she gets too excited, have her look at all the costs...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
It's very windy and cold but quite bright here today - at the moment.
I think a little walk to blow some cobwebs away is on the cards.
Have a good Thursday all.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
It made the news here in the UK too. Hopefully, it will be ready for release soon. It doesn’t look like there’s much wrong with it :)

All x-rays are clear. Just scared & hungry & prob dehydrated. The rescue group made it sound like they would be releasing soon.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Salaries are twice as much ‘cause prices in general for most things are high.

➡➡ The cost of food in Alaska, especially rural areas, exceeds the national average. As a general rule, the more rural your location, the more you pay for food, particularly fresh fruit and vegetables. Transporting food to isolated areas is expensive, and this cost gets passed to the end consumer.

➡➡ Why is Alaska so expensive?
The easy answer is that Alaska is big and sparsely populated, access to many places is difficult and it's far from places where goods are manufactured. Shipping is, therefore, expensive, and it drives up the costs of everything from gasoline to lumber to finished consumer goods. Hence, everything is more expensive.

So, before she gets too excited, have her look at all the costs...
Copy and pasting directly to her!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
maybe this one was imported because I swear he is not slimy at all!!
I thought the same thing but one day I held him in my hand and it felt like a little pebble.
No slime what so ever?
oh God!!.... maybe he needs more water?
Am I dehydrating him????? ?
No he sits in a water dish after being fed.
?
E-gads!!!! You held him with a bare hand???? OMGosh, snail slime is freakin horrendous. I would rather rub wet cat food all over my nekkid body than have a snail in my palm. You are one tuff broad

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Good morning sweetie. Again we have rain. If an Oregonian waited for it to stop raining to do their outside work, that work would never get done. I am a native Californian but have turned in a real Oregonian, yesterday I did most of my front yard chores in the rain; cold wet heavy rain. It's still dark here, but it's beginning to sound like I'm gonna rake the leaves out of the tort pens in the rain again. But if you don't get the leaves off the grass, it kills the grass and leaves mud. Sulcata don't eat mud.
I hope Jess is doing better. I won a pretty good Workman's Comp case for a broken right wrist, and my hurt wrist was not even 1/2 of the damage she received.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning sweetie. Again we have rain. If an Oregonian waited for it to stop raining to do their outside work, that work would never get done. I am a native Californian but have turned in a real Oregonian, yesterday I did most of my front yard chores in the rain; cold wet heavy rain. It's still dark here, but it's beginning to sound like I'm gonna rake the leaves out of the tort pens in the rain again. But if you don't get the leaves off the grass, it kills the grass and leaves mud. Sulcata don't eat mud.
I hope Jess is doing better. I won a pretty good Workman's Comp case for a broken right wrist, and my hurt wrist was not even 1/2 of the damage she received.
I think I would have to move.. All the rain does not sound like my cup of tea.. I do understand about the leaves though. I was stressing over the little tortoise pen on my 3 days at home.. hubby told me it was too wet to mess with and I told him the same thing you just said about my grass!! I worked too hard to grow it! Anyway, I got the leaves up before I left.. I’m sure they will be piled up agin when I get home..

Jess is fighting her way through this. I don’t think any of us realized how bad it was gonna be but surely we are on the down hill slide now... we have just had lots of complications. It’s scary but I know I have to stay positive.. we really hope to be out of this hospital today!
I did hire a lawyer for her.. she turns 18 next month and will likely have many more surgeries to come so I want her taken care of!! Not to mention, I want my life back and money too!! Anyway!! You enjoy your day and hopefully I’ll have something great to say by tonight:)