Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I am so tempted to get some but the heat from Phoenix will probably incinerate them. I struggle keeping hibiscus going even though it’s one of the easiest plants to grow.

I would try some, but keep planted in pots so you could move them about to shady/cooler areas, not in the blasting sun.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I think I’ll order them if they will ship them to me and try it. I could always pull them inside if it got too hot. It’s running in the low in the 90s in the shade at night and it’s 110 to 115 in the shade during the day right now.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Very cool. I’m sure wifey wouldnt permit a dragon in our house. She has to deal with Sully & me. More than a handful! I might be camping in @Ray--Opo ‘s shed if i bring up the topic!
Rose painted the floor of the shed medium blue color. I hope you like it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I think I’ll order them if they will ship them to me and try it. I could always pull them inside if it got too hot. It’s running in the low in the 90s in the shade at night and it’s 110 to 115 in the shade during the day right now.

Use a large pot, lots of good compost type material.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Damn it I WANT a bearded dragon! What would a good set up be, look like, need? Does anybody know about a place called atomic lizard ranch in Bisbee AZ? I like this bearded...
Minimum acceptable size for an adult bearded dragon (unless you wind up with a huge adult who actually approaches the 24-inch long species maximum) is a 40 gallon breeder tank (approx 36 x 18 x 16 inches).

Incidentally, Petco has 40 breeder tanks on sale for 50 percent off right now, so currently $50 (usually $100) and 75 gallon tanks currently $100 (usually $200). Lids are extra. Imagitarium brand, black screen lid for the 40B is hinged lengthwise (like a piano) and has proven remarkably cat resistant at my house.

You will need some combination of lighting to provide enough UVB and basking. There are different options, partially contingent on lid and feline mitigation, if that's an issue.

You will also need a CHE with thermostat if your ambient house temperatures drop below 65F.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida