COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yeah.. thanks for the prayers. I dont think ive prayed since the last time the pats were in the super bowl lol
I wind up praying all of the time so no problem. I'm always getting into so much trouble that I'm on that phone line all of the time...

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Minimum acceptable size for an adult bearded dragon (unless you wind up with a huge adult who actually approaches the 24-inch long species maximum) is a 40 gallon breeder tank (approx 36 x 18 x 16 inches).

Incidentally, Petco has 40 breeder tanks on sale for 50 percent off right now, so currently $50 (usually $100) and 75 gallon tanks currently $100 (usually $200). Lids are extra. Imagitarium brand, black screen lid for the 40B is hinged lengthwise (like a piano) and has proven remarkably cat resistant at my house.

You will need some combination of lighting to provide enough UVB and basking. There are different options, partially contingent on lid and feline mitigation, if that's an issue.

You will also need a CHE with thermostat if your ambient house temperatures drop below 65F.
My house is 82.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Get some anoles. Theyre like 7 bucks lol
They're free in Florida. I've actually seen a poor little guy in Lowe's living on a bromeliad here in Ohio. I didn't have a way to get him to safety. I can only hope he took up residence in a safe home.hehehe

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
The temperature in Phoenix today is supposed to hit 112+13% humidity. I can’t imagine humidity even higher than the 13% at this temp. I get up at four in the morning and while it’s still dark I start running water in the different tree holes and I check the burrows for the desert tortoises to make sure they’re OK. When I was a little girl I never had to be checking burrows in the summertime for the tortoises because they were always fine (tiny tim was one of those tortoises and here we are over a half century together still cooking). I have a Lisbon lemon that I’m struggling with that’s a fairly young tree-it’s supposed to be heat tolerant but it is not tolerating the heat here. Sometimes I wonder why I live in Phoenix.